or Connect

Posts by destrekor

is that spec wise or audio wise (regarding the comparison of 505 to my Yamaha)? Is the 604 good audio quality, as well as match the specs of the 505?
Okay, first off, this is what I have (the receiver, anyway.. have a different set of speakers now: two towers, large center, and two bookshelf rears): http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...5&CTID=5000800 with that in mind, is the Onkyo TX-SR505 going to be a good investment? I cannot afford much more than that, and need HDMI input as to be able to listen to 5.1 PCM audio tracks. I have a PS3 and a 720p 32" Sharp LCD, so I'd use BD movies and their PCM tracks, as I...
i just got the LC32D41U from CompUSA. i have messed around with some of the settings, and seem to have a decent picture now. but there is a LOT of black crush. I will bite the bullet and have someone come calibrate it (already found someone to do it, been talking through email so I just gotta wait another response and get a date scheduled). OTA HD is quite nice (got an RCA HD antenna). some local stations though don't always present a good picture, and news is 4x3. ...
is it regarded as a bad idea to buy the LC32D40U? I don't have the funds to go for the 37", nor do I want 37" in 720p. (i also do not have the funds to spring for the LC32D41U, as its not on sale anywhere) 32" the boundary for me, based on where we sit in the dorm, I'm at the edge of recommended viewing distance and wouldn't notice 1080p at the distance I am at either on a 32". 37" would shake all that up. either way... I just don't know what set to go for. It seems each...
anyone else want to chime in? i am in a serious dilemma here: the Olevia 332 does not offer tuners, and I want to use an OTA HD Antenna.. any fancy trick I can pull off that wouldn't hinder the value? circuitcity has a 232v on sale, but problem with that is it using ATi. Now, the only SD sources would be game consoles. My SD cable runs through my PVR, which would do the scaling itself because it would be connected to whatever tv it gets coupled with at max res. i...
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaugusto .....Simple : just get the Sharp LC32D41U instead of the LC32D40U, as the difference in price between these models at several online retailers appear to be about $50....Thus, if you are concerned about purchasing a Sharp HDTV that uses an outsourced panel of unknown provenance, spend very little more and achieve some peace of mind ! i'd rather buy in a store, because of dead pixel possibilities and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraiXmas I'm insanely confused now. Robert Heron (of Tech TV/G4 fame, now on DL.TV and editor of HDTV section of PCmag) reviewed the LC32D40U and gave it his Editors choice pick...how could a TV that is outsourced and of lower quality be editors choice? It doesn't make any sense at all. And furthermore it's really only on AVforum where I hear accusations that it's an outsourced model..etc. Honestly the massive (1/3) price...
think i worded it wrong. i understand I want a fast response time. but what the manufacturer states, and the real response time is almost always slower than what they state. i was just looking to know how this set in particular handled gaming.
how is the response time go when it comes to gaming. looking for both 480p gaming (sometimes may have 480i, cannot guarantee), and of course 720p gaming for modern consoles (480p for Wii, and last gen systems)
to solve this, I am recently been seriously convinced to looks towards the Sharp LC32D40U. I am going to look at it and it's HP younger brother (on sale this week at BB) at a few stores, and see if this one pro audio video store has any of them.