or Connect

Posts by destrekor

if you only have a 5.1 setup, would it be pointless to get a receiver capable of DTS-MA? note: i cannot possibly upgrade the speaker arrangement to 6.1 or 7.1... space and room setup does not permit that. room 1 is my bedroom in my parents home, room 2 is my dorm room. we have 5.1 in the dorm (roomies brought that).. not as good as mine in my room but suffices considering my speakers will not fit in a dorm (towers and bookshelves).
does anyone know if the Red Push is present in the 32D40U? if so, is it easy to get rid of?
do blacks look anywhere near black or just dark grey? if you have a camera, could you take a picture of a movie with a really dark scene? is there much in the way of dark crush?
Quote: Originally Posted by fdisker I bought the 332H about a month ago which replaced a smaller Syntax LCD on my home theater computer. I'd love to tell you about all the things I don't like about the TV but there aren't any. It does everything I need it to do. 1:1 pixel mapping over HDMI takes just a few clicks in the TV menus (single biggest requirement for a HTPC display). Once calibrated the display is very good. It's a lot of TV for the...
to the top...
Quote: Originally Posted by Toadster we live in a spoiled, spoiled world ;) I'd say if it's a $50 difference... go with your gut feeling, if it was $500 different - it would be a different ballgame well if i go to costco, it would also be the 10% guest fee, since I don't have a membership there, don't know anyone who does, and thus am forced into paying more. then there's also the tax. And the difference to start with was already $60. So,...
okay, I have boiled everything down and am making my decision between the Olevia 332H and the Vizio VX32L. The only upside the Vizio has in specs is the inclusion of the tuners (including ATSC and QAM). But the Olevia is the better bargain (based on the price I have found at this one store that also includes free shipping, and no tax), or having to treck an hour away for the CHANCE that a Costco near Detroit MAY have the Vizio, and then there's tax too, bringing the price...
added this to top post as well: okay, I have boiled everything down and am making my decision between the Olevia 332H and the Vizio VX32L. The only upside the Vizio has in specs is the inclusion of the tuners (including ATSC and QAM). But the Olevia is the better bargain (based on the price I have found at this one store that also includes free shipping, and no tax), or having to treck an hour away for the CHANCE that a Costco near Detroit MAY have the Vizio, and then...
doesn't make sense does it? they expect a receiver that can accept HDMI if your using the top of the line sound that requires HDMI, I guess. but yea, its pointless, because if your using 7.1 DTS-MA, or even uncompressed 7.1 audio, then that little optical link won't even be able to handle the audio. i don't have 7.1, only 5.1... so with my PS3 I'll just use the optical link straight from the back of it and not worry about the HDTV that I'll soon get even having to...
well looking more into it, the VX32L or VX37L seem to be great displays, but got a serious issue: cannot get them anywhere for affordable as they should be. Vizio charges an arm and a leg for shipping, and well... no Costco is in town for me (nor is there the guarantee I can even get one at the Costco's that I can go to (albeit an a hour drive at the minimum, although one at in Columbus, so when I go back down for school could hit that place up), that they would have the...