or Connect

Posts by sarangiman

So I tried your method on my HW50.Unfortunately, disabling 24Hz output on your Blu-Ray player (i.e. feeding your projector a 60p signal), then using Film Mode (set to 1) to recreate the original 24p content, & then enabling DFI undoes the effects of the 60p --> 24p algorithm. You can easily see this with a good moving scene from Planet Earth (the helicopter shots from 'Mountains', e.g.). In other words, 3:2 pulldown motion judder re-emerges as soon as you enable DFI. So,...
Haha. You should see the f/1.4 shot :-P Of course, only like half a ripple was in focus...
Dear EluneVision, Is the PureBright 4K 240 material the exact same material as Da-Lite's High Power (HP 2.4) material (which itself is the same exact material as the Draper 'Radiant' 2.9)? Reason I ask is b/c people all over AVS, including myself, are complaining about the HP & HCHP (High Contrast High Power, or the HP material with a grey underlying base) having banding (dark horizontal/vertical stripes/striations). Here's a photo showing all the problems with these...
The "Vivid-Pro Cinema white" & Vivid-Pro Cinema grey", at least the 1.8 gain versions, were confirmed by EluneVision to be the same as the cheap Optoma GrayWolf glass-beaded screens. In other words, they have a ridiculous amount of texture (much much more than the HP screens). You see sparklies everywhere. That's one of the reasons I've been trying to replace the screen. We just need to find out if the PureBright 4k material is the same as the HP material or not. I'm...
Since it's related to this thread, here's my report on Draper's 'Contrast Radiant' screen, which is essentially the same exact (AFAIK) material as Da-Lite's 'High Contrast High Power (HCHP)': Issues with Draper's 'Contrast Radiant' surface All the issues above also apply to the previous Da-Lite HCHP screen I had. Read a more detailed description of all these issues...
http://eastporters.com/estore/cart.php?target=category&category_id=112 The EluneVision screen only looks ~$200-$300 more expensive than the Da-Lite HP screen of this size... not entirely unreasonable. But is it better? Or the same?
http://www.elunevision.com/pbfixed-features.html#performance Thanks for the heads up about the EluneVision screen. I don't know; if you look at the website above, it looks a lot of marketing hype. For example, the image showing the 'sparklies' in their material vs. their competitors-- no way that's a real photo. That looks entirely simulated, as does the hot-spotting photo (looks like they just overlaid a vignetting mask on top of the original image). The resolution shot...
Thanks Gagorian. And that's your experience with the HP, not even the HCHP? That doesn't bode well at all. Even my $120 Optoma GrayWolf screen didn't have these issues! Do other owners who don't complain about the HP just not see this issue? I'm confused. I thought Zombie10k has a HP (newer) screen... & I'm pretty sure he has a really good idea & would've caught these sorts of issues. I"m waiting for my replacement HCHP screen from Da-Lite. Wondering if I should just...
Huh. Thanks for reporting your experience. However, if you don't see flicker in DFI using the aforementioned method, that indicates to me that 'Film Mode' isn't working. Actually, I really don't think 'Film Mode' works properly at all with most content. It usually introduces weird stuttering artifacts with 60p content. If it's really re-creating the original 24 frames, you'd have to notice flicker with DFI, since it'll introduce a dark frame in between each frame...
And, to recapitulate: I can't recommend the Da-Lite High Contrast High Power (HCHP) screen, or the Draper 'Contrast Radiant' screen, to anyone until they fix these issues.