or Connect

Posts by Alexdad54

Following a saga with my refurbished 8350 which saw it replaced by Epson 4 times, they have sent me a brand new one. It seems to be behaving itself and has no dust blobs or iris issues (yet). BUT, I think there may be a convergence issue though but I am not certain. I have searched this thread and understand that a shift of 1-2 pixels is considered acceptable but I'm not sure how to measure it. I have used white on black lettering (from movie credits) and see a bit of...
Well, after talking to the level 2 rep, they've opted for sending me a brand new 8350 from the US (I'm in Canada). Hopefully this one won't have any issues. Thanks again for these recent posts, if dust blobs do show up, I can now deal with them but if another auto-iris error occurred:cool: would another story....
Thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated! I've built computers so you've given me more confidence that I could do this. Unfortunately, tonight, in turning it on for perhaps only the 12th time since I received it last week, it gave me the dreaded auto-iris error! I'll be calling on the 2nd to get another (5th!) one, as getting this error is a no-deal. It took months on my first machine for that error to show up. If the next one has only (and only) dust blobs, I'll...
Hi all, I'm currently on my fourth 8350, the first had a worsening auto-iris problem, the second arrived damaged due to poor packaging, the third had convergence issues and large green dust blobs and now here we are with the fourth. It seems perfect except when I have a fully black screen, there is a faint blue blob on the bottom and and two fainter green and blue blobs on the left side. They are very faint and don't show up when watching a film,. etc. The convergence...
Hi all, I just got a replacement 8350 from Epson as my first one started to show the auto-iris error more frequently and was up to once a month (after a year and a half) and just mounted the new one. When I got the projector, the lens cap was shattered which tells me that the box must have been banged around . They had shipped the it without an empty accessories box inside to keep the projector support firmly in place. Well, the new 8350 has a 3-4 pixel convergence in both...
Just thinking...in reference to my earlier post re the Darblet and the WD TV Live, might this be a handshake issue and should I try something like the Monoprice HDMI extender that was suggested for another issue? I have also tried switching HDMI cables but no luck. My Opp 95 and Xbox work fine, it's just the WD LTV Live that has this "black flash" issue. I really don't want to have to sell the Darblet but I need a media player more....
I have the same model of WDTV Live with the USB port on front and back and am experiencing the problems mentioned a few posts ago. This only occurred after inserting the Darblet into the setup. I'm hoping the others can suggest a possible fix....
I set the WDTV Live to RGB Low and don't have the magenta flash anymore instead it's now a black one at about the same rate, every 5 seconds or so...it also won't keep that setting after coming out of standby, reverting to auto. The magenta flash comes back only if the WDTV Live goes into stand-by mode but otherwise it's a black flash. I tried resetting the HDMI range on my Epson 8350 from "expanded" to "normal" thinking that might somehow help (as you can see I'm a...
I finally had a chance to install my Darblet purchased a few months ago into my setup and it works fine with my 30ft Redmere cable and a 6-foot cable from the Kinivo switch to the Darblet. My problem is that I'm getting the magenta flash constantly every 10 seconds or so when the Kinivo HDMI switch is on the WDTV Live as a source but NOT when it's set to either my Oppo 95 or Xbox 360 so I don't think it's the switch. I've tried re-starting the WDTV Live but no luck. It's...
Hi all, I have a quick question that I think may have been addressed earlier in this thread but I'm still a bit uncertain. I have been using a 30' Monoprice Redmere cable for over a year without any issues going from a 5-port Kinivo HDMI switch to my Epson 8350 projector. I recently moved and now require a 50 foot (at least) cable to go around the walls from one side of the room to the other and up to the mount. My question is whether I need to buy a 50' cable new from...