or Connect

Posts by media_man

I have a Sony kd-30xs955 in the Rochester, NY area if anyone is interested. Text me at 585-261-0056... In perfect condition. Display is like the first day I got it... never had a repair or adjustment since. hate to let it go but need a bigger screen as my vision gets older... no place to put this one...
I have a Sony kd-30xs955 in the Rochester, NY area if anyone is interested. Text me at 585-261-0056... In perfect condition. Display is like the first day I got it... never had a repair or adjustment since. hate to let it go but need a bigger screen as my vision gets older... no place to put this one...
I have to say I am not having the best experience... am running HDMI with upconvert 2 in a 4250 box into a Samsung set... channels are very slow at switching and it is taking time for the box and the set to adjust to the conversion changes between 720p channels and 1080i... for instance going from WHEC (1080i) to WHAM (720p) took about ten seconds... also if you are channeling up thru channels you do not have in your package the system seems to lock up at that channel. ...
You need better cable... quad shield is the way to go... also if the cable passes by a refrigerator or other motors you could get interference... I had the same problem... try moving the cables around... if the problem goes away you need better cables... you could also have a bad connector or splitter... digital is a strange beast....
Does anyone know if Time Warner will introduce "TV Made Easy" to this market? It involves grouping the HD channels into catagories and making it easy to select an hd channel by adding a 1 to the standard channel number... this makes it easy for dummys and allows the use of three digit remotes... I don't see why they just couldn't have it switch automatically to the HD version of the channel when you select the SD version... example: 13 selects 1013 when HD is selected in...
Not to mention HDNet Movies! Quality all the way and no big bug to deal with... and the free on demand HDNet Movies and HDNet past programming... Shame on you Time Warner as you play your little game with Mark Cuban.... Let's get the deal done and get these two great channels back on!
The Buffalo Sabres HD cablecasts on Rochester NY Time Warner are now redirected to CH. 1092 from the assigned MSG HD channel. This makes it impossible to DVR the time slot as there is no directory listing on 1092 for the Sabres game... If you select the Sabres listing on the MSG HD channel you get a recording of the redirect notice text for the entire time slot... You are forced to DVR the standard def MSG channel... anyone else noticed this problem yet and found a work...
The Buffalo Sabres HD cablecasts on Rochester NY Time Warner are now redirected to CH. 1092 from the assigned MSG HD channel. This makes it impossible to DVR the time slot as there is no directory listing on 1092 for the Sabres game... If you select the Sabres listing on the MSG HD channel you get a recording of the text redirect notice for the entire time slot... You are forced to DVR the standard def MSG channel... anyone had this problem yet and found a work around?
HD Net, HDNet Movies & NFL Network would make Time Warner unbeatable... But will we ever see those? Fiber is being strung in my neighborhood as we speak... Verizon is sure looking sweeter!
Of course Cuban was willing to take less money to put his channels in the clear... Time Warner was not interested and negotiations ended... They never really wanted to negotiate anyway... they had lots of other crap they could put on for practically nothing... They just wanted to fill up on HD channels so they could compete with the other services... just an advertising scheme... Quality of HD was not a concern...