or Connect

Posts by lflorack

I agree with your caution on this. I don't have the 7's, but I have the somewhat similar sized RF-83's. I installed the feet in the 'normal' configuration specifically because the speakers are definitely unstable when placed on a carpet. This is especially true when the carpet and carpet pad are reasonably thick. without the spiked feet in place, I was easily able to rock the speakers fairly easily and it would be relatively easy to tip them over. At 100 pounds and...
What a great story and great deal! Glad you're enjoying your new speakers.
Wow! So informative! Thanks for trying anyway.Those are good-looking amps at a pretty reasonable price. They're on back-order right now.I'm torn on this whole subject because I'm a logical and analytical type person who mostly believes that if my current AVR sounds good at all volumes and doesn't exhibit any clipping, there's no reason to believe that a more powerful amp will make my system sound better. On the other hand, there's the possibility that more power might...
Please let us know. it would be great to learn additional details about this.I've been following that debate as well. I, like you, play music and especially movies between -18 to -12 maybe as high as -5 once in a while with my RF-83/RC-64 Klipsch front speakers. That's pretty loud and I haven't heard any clipping either. Even so, part of me wants to try out a separate (and more powerful) amp to see if it provides more punch, etc but I haven't done it yet.I also agree...
I have a 2010 as well and after playing with this a bit over the last year, I believe it does both - bypasses the "Large" and "Small" speaker settings, and also bypass the Low-Frequency Crossover settings. The manual isn't a lot of help with this:I do know that using Pure Direct cuts off the feed to the sub-woofer (I've only tried this with 2 channel music). I also believe that the front LR speakers (I have RF-83's) reproduce more of he lower end (when I was testing this,...
Many allow this. Some even allow different settings within your system (i.e., for different speakers within the same system). I have a Yamaha 2010 and it allows cross-over points down to 40Hz. It also allows different settings for different speakers. I have Klipsch RF-83's and an RC-64 with lesser Klipsch speakers for the side and back surrounds (7.1 setup). All are set to small and I vary the crossover settings for each depending on the capability of each pair of...
I have a Klipsch RSW10-D that I bought new for $500 from Vans when they were discontinuing cherry. For being as small as it is, it's performed very well - even with my RF-83/RC64 fronts.
DirecTV has also had single auto-HD/SD channels for years.
To add to your misery, I bought a pair of RF-83's along with an RC-64 (original version) about a year ago and I absolutely love them.
Everyone's tastes are different so I'm curious why you didn't like the Yamaha. I have the RX-A 2010 with a full Klipsch 9.1 Speaker setup (see my System Diagram in my link below for details) and love the sound of the combo and features of the Yamaha. I've had (3) Yamaha's and they have all been rock solid.