or Connect

Posts by lflorack

Thank you for your kind words.It has taken a while to get the system to where it is, but Ijust sit and listen to music or a good movie and smile. A lot! The pictures are a little out of date as I've added and swapped a few things since those pictures were taken. New couch and love seat, plus an upgraded receiver (now a Yamaha RX-A2010) and several other upgrades, but for the most part, it looks pretty much like the photos. As for the plants in the room, my wife gets...
IMHO, the size of the room is only one factor for what speakers you buy. Not saying size of the room isn't important, it certainly is. I have RF-83's and an RC-64 (both I's) for my fronts and although they fill the room (20' x 20' x 9' at the peak) very well, I don't think I'd be buying overkill if I tested RF-7's and though t they sounded better. So, to me, filling the room isn't the only reason for upgrading. Better sound is also a factor - probably an even more...
This is excellent! Thanks! I know what I'm doing this weekend.
I'm using a two methods to control lighting within activities. One is to use device 'test remote' and the other is to create a few buttons on each activity remote that needs them. Are yo usaying that you can create another activity and then somehow designate it as a pop-up activity? I'll research more but any details would be nice because having a lighting control option that can be used in a ny activity would be wonderful.
DirecTV is our main source but the breakdow is: DirecTV 60% Online Streaming 30% OTA 10%
RX-A2010 Firmware Update Version 1.29Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.This firmware includes the following improvements.1. Compatibility with the latest Napster network music streaming service (in Europe)*Music service availability varies by region.2. Improves SiriusXM Internet Radio connectivity (in USA/Canada)3. Improves operation stabilityCHECK THE UNIT’S FIRMWARE...
It didn't come up automatically right away so I used the front panel to force it to check and it downloaded and installed right away.
I have a RX-A2010 currently running v1.08. I'm connected to the internet but the firmware auto-notification has not found the new version (1.29). I went to the Yamaha support/download site and attempted to download firmware v1.29 without success. When I click the download link (it's java), it only downloads an HTML file. I even tried it on another PC. Same result. I see that at least some of you have had success downloading this file, so I'm open to...
In early September, I bought the "Logitech 915-000139 Harmony IR Extender System" from Amazon.. It works fine and it's pretty inexpensive at ~$55.
For NFL fans, I can easily see that the former lack of the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel wold be very important and would negatively impact viewership. With Thursday night games on the NFL Network most weeks this season, it makes these additions even more important I'm pleased to see that TWC has finnaly added them. Of course, those who are not sports fans (NFL specifically) will complain that these additions will drive up the cost for things they dont want. ...