or Connect

Posts by soundlovr

I'd move your fronts out a bit into the corners of the room and toe them in. Presently, they're just sitting in dead space along the wall with not a lot of separation or reinforcement from the room. A corner location will boost your bass. Where is your subwoofer?
After learning that the RC-10 is the next speaker up on the chopping block at Energy, I ordered a pair of Cherry RC-10's from Audio Advisor (Future Shop's only got the quite unattractive Black Ash). Don't know what I'll do with 'em, but it sure seemed a shame that they might go the way of the dodo and I'd never have the chance to grab them again. I've never bought speakers online before... now I've got the fears and shakes!
Maybe you could start with something a little less Picasso and a little more blueprint?
No. It's one or the other and you certainly don't need a separate power amp for those speakers. If you want to throw money away, just pvt message me and I'll give you my address. Not really. You need to know that the woofers in your speaker draw 80% or more of the power from the amp. So if you bi-amp them, your speakers can only draw a maximum of 20% more power before the woofer will be sucking up all the available power. Read on to learn why it's pointless regardless...
I would put the Technics table at the bottom of your list... way, way at the bottom. Unless you're planning on DJ'ing (which is what the Technics was built for), there is no way that it could be compared to a Rega (note that the Rega P2 is the price-equivalent to the Technics) or the Pro-ject. And the Denon is a great casual enthusiast table that's a lot nicer to use since it's automatic. Audiophiles generally aren't who anyone should listen to, but their malign of the...
All FS salespersons are permitted to provide discounts down to the employee-discount price as part of the haggling process. If you don't haggle at FS, then you were born every minute. To the OP: FS has been having a fire sale of the Reference Connoisseur line from Energy. The RC50's are on sale for $349 each and there is no better speaker in the world at that price. Hard deal to beat. The C-500's are going for $150 a piece if you can find a store that still has some...
My personal preference with hardwood on concrete is to glue down 6mm cork underlay. It's not that expensive and eliminates sound transmission of any sort to the concrete. The people under you will be thankful. I would glue down the hardwood as well, but there's really not much difference compared to letting it float. Acoustically, the glue is your better option.
You won't be sorry. The Veritas sub blows the S-series (which I also own) away and will ignite your home theatre.
I pulled the trigger on a pair of those today. I've always run 3.1 because my room has no easy way to accommodate 5.1. I'm not sure if I can even use the minis with my current space, but since the cherry's been cancelled I thought I'd pick them up and then at least if I ever do go to a 5.1 or move or something, I'll have surrounds that match my fronts. They're cute! FS also had their rosenut RC-70's on for $699. I thought about grabbing some just because it's hard to...
If it "sounds a little boomy" then turn it down. You're running a 1900 then you should let YPAO balance the sound out for you and leave it be in any event. The rumour mill consensus that the S12.3 is the better sub for home theatre is just people looking at numbers. Aside from the 4Hz difference in extension, the V10 is the superior sub in every way. Better amplifier, better construction, better looks, better design, and it articulates bass in a way that the S-series...