or Connect

Posts by teeitup

So your just missing the logo, but still get the channel and guide listings? I haven't used the newer Tivo boxes but I don't recall the Tivo guide showing the channel logos like the Moxi does. I have a few channels that just use the square box as a logo but I don't watch those channels anyway so it hasn't really bothered me.Odd that Moxi doesn't consider HGTV and Food Network to be national channels. Do the SD channels show the logo?
Assuming you have a cablecard, I'm optimistic that the transition will go smoothly with the Moxi. My cable provider hasn't completely overhauled the lineup, but has moved channels around and the Cablecard has always reassigned them appropriately. Recordings are assigned to the call sign and not the channel number so they should move without any effort on your part.
The USB 3.0 transfer speeds are much better on the R7000 than what I was getting with my R6300v2 which also has USB 3.0. Using the same external drive I did a test and compared transfer speeds. I'm getting 38Mbps with the R7000 but the R6300v2 could only achieve about 18Mbps.
Just picked up this router last night at Staples after pricematching Amazon's Gold Box Deal yesterday. So far I'm loving it. I had just purchased a R6300v2 and gave my WNDR4500 to my parents. In some ways I felt like I had downgraded going from the WNDR4500 to R6300 even though it added a USB 3.0 port and Wireless AC. It was definitely a step down in range. With the R7000 I feel like it was a true upgrade from the WNDR4500 and happy to report I can get wireless signal...
Wave Broadbandhttp://www.wavebroadband.com/cable/home-network-gateway.php
I think the Moxi is an excellent option for a fee-free DVR especially if you can get a good used price on ebay. The hardware is good with most failures occuring with the hard drive which is easily user replaced. I was a fairly early adopter with Moxi and currently still using my Moxi (original hard drive) with 3 Moxi Mates. Some great features and has been very reliable for me. Moxi hasn't released any software updates for awhile although I've heard reports of updating...
Keep in mind that each Mini requires its own $6/month subscription which adds up when your looking at having 4 minis.
I've heard good results with the powerline and Moxi. And the powerlines or MoCA could be used with other devices besides Moxi. You could try 802.11ac, but I wouldn't expect much better results than 802.11n with the Moxi. If it is a short distance between your router and bridge you should be Ok with either 802.11n or 802.11ac. Anything wireless is going to be susceptible to different variables such as distance, walls, configuration, etc. 802.11ac is 5Ghz which is even...
The Moxi Mate just needs to be on the same LAN as your Moxi. I wouldn't try to use a wireless bridge although it is possible. If running a ethernet cable is not possible it would probably be better to use powerline or MOCA...
This is the same setup as the Google TV box (Sony NSZ-GS8) I had hooked up. (MOXI > Google TV box > Receiver > TV). It was just a HDMI pass through with a Google TV UI overlay. I actually like the guide overlay and the remote IR blaster from the Google TV worked surprising well with the Moxi. Unfortunately, for some reason it resulted in the Moxi glitching out occasionally and I had some corrupted recordings (they would playback for about 5 seconds then skip ahead 5...