or Connect

Posts by jrgutknecht

I was looking for something to improve the sound quality for my mother's Panasonic GT-20 Plasma. She's had it for a few years and lived with the built-in speakers, but on moving to a new house wanted something that would make it "easier to hear without having to turn it up so loud and sound better" My #1 priority in making a selection was ease of operation. I didn't want a second remote for my mom to deal with, so the Panasonic sound bars that support the audio return...
I swear I did a search of eBay ( in fact ive been searching all week with every conceivable variation of the model number ) and didn't find any listed for sale at less than $60. Thanks for the link.
Does anyone know EXACTLY what the differences are between the DM-A405 mic that came with the 3808 and the DM-A409 that came with the 2011 models such as the AVR1911? I inherited a 3808ci and the mic is gone. I have the mic from the 1911 which is a DM-A409 and it looks just like the 405 version, but I suspect there might have been some calibration changes between the two ? At least that's what I've read here. The going rate for a 405 is $60 now (if I can find one) and if...
I thought I'd share my experience for those in the same situation. I have a HPR4252 set that I bought in early 2006. Mid 2010 I started getting a flickering in the top half or bottom half of the screen. First it would black out very briefly, then after a few more weeks, it started flickering white lines, then more white lines, then white and colored lines but they would always disappear after a few seconds. If they stayed on the set very long you could get rid of them...
For the past 6 weeks or so I've been nursing my 5 year old Samsung 42" plasma along. I suspect it was the upper and lower buffer boards that went bad, and I could have tried replacing them, but I needed a good excuse to buy a new, larger set so I've been researching my options for several weeks. Last Thursday night, the old set finally went off the deep end. Thanks to the good folks here though, I already new what I wanted and within 90 minutes I had driven to the store,...
You're right, they are gone.. I just bought the last one. 106.99 with tax and two free HD-DVD's. and a mail in rebate for 5 more. Sweet!
I have the same problem and it occurs if I'm listening through the TV (via HDMI connection or Component) or thorugh the receiver (optical). The audio on Desperate Housewives kept going up and down during the show. It was almost in a predictable pattern. My signficant other didn't notice, but I have better hearing. I've seen the same thing on ABC in the past and I always attributed it to the network feed.
As I posted previously, I periodically send an e-mail to Comcast nicely asking them when the Tivo software would be available. Last month they told me to call back and then informed me that it was put on hold. This month - they tried to sell me a Tivo Series 3!!! This was the response from the Chicago / Northern Illinois Comcast rep. If I read between the lines on this it seems to indicate the Tivo software on the Motorola boxes is NOT coming anytime soon. Granted...
I agree 100%. I had this bug when it first appeared, I reset the box, reloaded that firmware and the problem went away until the other night. In the middle of watching a program the message popped up. I had 3 saved recordings, but it showed 100%. I had to delete one of them, then suddenly it went to 3%. BS.. I'm SO tempted to go buy a Tivo Series 3 at lunch today....if it weren't for the cable card fiasco with Comcast I'd have done this months ago. I'm beginning to...
Well if it still installs successfully, I for one would be happy to sacrifice my recorded programs in order to get the Tivo software.