or Connect

Posts by airman23

I've got a problem with my Samsung PN60E7000. There is a thick black line that is going through the upper part of the screen, it seems to be intermittent. It happens and then after power cycling the panel it goes away but of course I know that it will be back and I don't think that this is normal. Has anybody else had this problem and what is the fix for it . Your prompt replies will be appreciated. Thanks
I've got a problem with my Samsung PN60E7000. There is a thick black line that is going through the upper part of the screen, it seems to be intermittent. It happens and then after power cycling the panel it goes away but of course I know that it will be back and I don't think that this is normal. Has anybody else had this problem and what is the fix for it . Your prompt replies will be appreciated. Thanks
Yes I could see the stuck pixel from normal viewing distance. It was annoying but what was even more annoying was the fact that the television is only 3 months old but I did not think that samsung would replace the whole panel as the warranty says that a unit will only be replaced with 4 or more dead or stuck pixels but I got a new panel anyway, I'm not complaining of course.
Well, Guess What. When I called Samsung about the stuck pixel problem that I've been having with my PN60E7000, they authorized Koambra (An Authorized Service Center) in Long Beach CA to to do a panel replacement. The whole damn panel! and the service technician's have just finished and left with the old panel and I got some interesting pictures that I want to share with you. I got some good shots of the PN60E7000 innards.The first picture is the technicians from Koambra...
I've got a PN60D7000 with a stuck pixel on the left hand upper corner of the screen. I tried running JSreenFix that I burned onto a DVD to try to fix the problem but after running it an hour the dead pixel is still there. As I understand it Samsung's warranty only covers 4 or more dead pixels. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem. Your prompt relies will be greatly appreciated.
I have a BDP-95 and I also have some British PAL standard dvd's. On ebay there are some DIY multi-code region free upgrade hardware to make the BDP-95 region free. and I'm wondering if anybody has tried this option. Please give me your feedback on what your results were using this upgrade. Will using it cause any problems with blu-ray playback. Your prompt replies will be...
I've got a PN60D7000 with a stuck pixel on the left hand upper corner of the screen. I tried running JSreenFix that I burned onto a DVD to try to fix the problem but after running it an hour the dead pixel is still there. As I understand it Samsung's warranty only covers 4 or more dead pixels. Is there anything that I can do to fix this problem. Your prompt relies will be greatly appreciated.
Well If I'm going to keep the PN60E7000 I guess I need to look into calibration, has anybody had their e7000/8000 calibrated yet and if so how did it turn out. I was thinking of going to Best Buy for Calibration, they say their calibrators are ISF certified but I'm wondering if that's the best way to go. So tell us what you experience has been with it and how did the results turn out, Where you satisfied? I have the Disney WOW disk and it did a pretty good job with my old...
Whether the technician who came to my house was "giving me the company line" or not I just don't know. The Van that he came in had the SAMSUNG logo on it, He wore a jacket that had the SAMSUNG logo on it, I could only conclude that he must have something to do with SAMSUNG and he spoke english with a Korean accent. I guess I would need a 4 year undergraduate degree in electrical engineering to really know whether or not this SAMSUNG technician was telling me the truth or...