or Connect

Posts by BELLCH

On my latest bill Comcast have started charging me $1.99 each for my 2 DTA's and have a new charge of $10 HD Technology Fee (with a credit of $10 "Free HD x 6 ). I have a TV with CableCard and 2 Tivos with CableCards and no Comcast Set top boxes (other than the DTA's). When I spoke to Comcast Billing they told me that the HD Fee was because I was able to receive HD service on my CableCards and the DTA fee was because I had more than 1 TV.! Is this a new charging policy?
Hello Rene, I have just completed the build of my HTPC using your "Low-end Micro" system, based on the i3-200 and ASRock H67M Motherboard. I am very pleased with it - everything works very well simultaneously using both a monitor and TV, except.... I cannot get audio out on HDMI unless I unplug the analog audio connector on the back of the system and therefor lose sound on the monitor. Is there anyway of having simultaneous output of the (same) audio on both the analog...
Hello Renethx, Thanks for your excellent Guide. For your "Low-end Intel MicroAtx" if I were to use an Apex DM-387 case instead of the nMediapc would I have any problems with clearance for the fins on the Memory or the I3 fan? Thanks again for your work
TVGOS TV-Guide On-Screen has stopped working My Panasonic TV has the TVGOS (TV Guide On-Screen) feature and is connected to Comcast cable using a CableCard (no Set-top box). TV Guide has worked perfectly for two or more years (apart from some glitches when Comcast in my area went digital). The Guide stopped working about 10 days ago and shows "searching for program listing", but does not load the listing. I have checked the settings and all seems OK. As far as I can see...
Digital Economy Starter Package I have been trying to find out the content of the above package which was referenced in my last Comcast Bill at a rate of $29.99 (I have Comcast Internet). Eventually I had a long on-line conversation with "Louelle" and attach a shortened version for anyone else who may be looking at that package. My Comcast area is Zip 94024 Los Altos/Cupertino. What is the Program Line-up of "Digital Economy TV Service" referred to in my last Comcast...
I spoke to Vizio about this and they claim that it is not their Qam Tuner causing the problem. However, I can pick up the digital versions of the missing programs with my CableCard and DTAs so I cannot see how it is not a problem with the Vizio Tuner. I just had to accept that I cannot get these particular programs on that TV. If you do contact Vizio and get a solution I would appreciate it if you could let me know.Thanks
Thanks Mike - it must be the crummy QAM tuner on my 2 year old 20" Visio that is just not picking up those channels. Up til now I had thought that that company made a good price/performance product, especially for a TV to be used in the Kitchen or Bedroom. What I don't understand is why it would pick up some digital(96 on the scan) but not the ones that have just been moved. Guess I am resigned to losing those channels for the time being.
I don't think that my wife will stand for me ripping the wall/ceiling down much tho she misses her programs.Guess we will have to wait to get a 20" TV with Tru2way - I am much more in favor of this approach to cable rather than external boxes - it also allows use of the TVs in-built functions many of which are lost with the cable box! Our main TV is a 50" Panny with a CableCard (also hung on the wall) - the in-built TV Guide, favorites, channel skip etc functions of the TV...
TPeterson & Walk Thanks for your help - unfortunately the cablebox is not the answer - this TV is up on the wall in the Kitchen and I have no way of attaching a box - DTA or coventional set-top. The cost is not a problem, it is the fact that my wife was quite happy with the set-up as it was and now Comcast has made some "enhancements" to its service and she is unable to get several of the programs that she used to watch. I'm just surprised that there are not more people...
Do you have any suggestions as to which PC QAM tuners I might try?