or Connect

Posts by RBurgundy

Mark, BB if I remember correctly, they did have the A-1 in stock, however I think this deal may be a one time occurrence. It happened on Saturday July 30th and the coupons they were handing out were xerox copies.
OK guys, I'm keeping mine. After seeing TD and a few newer titles I've finally decided to keep it. Plus, after Best Buy price matched Circuit City's $790 how could I return it. Yes, I got it for $790. In Nashua NH there is a Best Buy and Circuit City right next door and if you've been there you now what I mean. They were having a serious pricing battle BB was giving 20% off for anything in the store if you were walking over from CC and in retaliation CC was offering 20%...
Thanks, magredc5. I've been trying to find a ST6295 and it seems it's in limited supplies. I can find the ST6285 everywhere at more then half the price of the ST6295.
magredc5, If you don't mined me asking, what stand are you using for your 62MX195? Will the 62HM195 stand fit a 62MX195?
Quote: Originally Posted by Alan Sh You can see a specific frame in which I see cropping here. Nice job, Alan. Is it the player or the the process used by WB? I know I posted this a few pages back, but sspears seams to have already answered the question about the player. If it cropped more than sspears says, my conclusion is that something is amiss with the WB discs. You can find sspears testing here: Toshiba HD-A1 vs Samsung BD-P1000, Round 2...
"I like lamp." - Brick
NewUser28, so far to my knowledge it has only been one reviewer that has reported it. I didn't notice any cropping on TD, however I really wasn't looking for it. I'll have to give it a closer look. Here is what sspears had to say, a very knowledgeable poster... Toshiba HD-A1 vs Samsung BD-P1000, Round 2 - AVS Forum Quote: Originally Posted by sspears Here is my round 2 data. In my round 1 tests I used an SD disc to test each player. Tonight I was...
'Reservoir Dogs' to Paint Blu-ray Red This Fall also... 'Toyko Drift' and 'The Break-Up' Heading to HD DVD Day-and-Date | High-Def DVD Digest
I found it... Toshiba HD-A1 vs Samsung BD-P1000, Round 2 - AVS Forum Quote: Originally Posted by sspears Here is my round 2 data. In my round 1 tests I used an SD disc to test each player. Tonight I was able to test the HD performance of each player. I created some native 1920x1080 test patterns. These included luma and chroma resolution, pixel cropping, CUE and dynamic range. (BTW/WTW) I encoded the test patterns using VC-1. Two discs were...
I didn't notice it either, however I really wasn't looking for it. I'll have to give it a closer look. The one thing I do remember is sspears said something about cropping/pixel shift in his testing of the Samsung player with test patterns...I'll look for it.