or Connect

Posts by brezz

I was wondering if someone could help me with my Motorola 3416. I have a bunch of series set to record, but recently it has stopped recording some of these episodes. When I look into the reason, it says that the program was not recorded because it was in HD, and that this is a user option. I have searched to see how to change this "user option", but I can't find any place to change this. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks, Brian
I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue. I just bought a wall mount for my new Sharp LC-37d64u. The mount I bought was supposed to have a "universal adapter" bracket, but the bracket does not fit the TV. Does anyone have any advice on where I might find a bracket to fit the TV? Ideally I would be able to keep the angulating arm and just get a new bracket, but maybe that's not realistic. Brian
Based on this, it sounds like the statement from Sony is wrong and the PS3 can handle 96/24 through LPCM. I guess either way it doesn't matter, as long as the receiver can decode the bitstream I should be set. Brian
"The PS3™ system does not support playback of DTS-ES and DTS 96/24 for DVD-Video or DTS-ES Matrix for Blu-ray Discs." Is this limited to Blu-ray only--for example, if I put a standard DVD in and wanted to hear DTS 96/24, would it work? Brian
Where do you see the transfer rate? Brian
I would also be interested to hear if there is a solution to matrix the 5.1 into 7.1 Brian
That's confusing, because according to the chart here:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hlight=PS3+faq It says that LPCM TrueHD downgrades to 5.1. Any help on the contradiction? Brian
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but is there a big difference between LPCM 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD except that first supports 7.1 and the latter can only output in 5.1? It seems I would always want to chose the LPCM so that I could have all 7.1 channels used. Thanks in advance, Brian
Yeah, my receiver doesn't have HDMI support as far as I know. Maybe that will be the next purchase down the line when I can justify it to my wife! Brian
Thanks for the help. I have one more question. Neither my TV nor my receiver supports HDMI 1.3, so I will be using the optical connection for digital audio. I will be using HDMI to connect to the TV for the video connection. Will I be missing out on anything with this setup? Thanks again, Brian