or Connect

Posts by WestCoastD

This is cool actually, did'nt realize there was a category for surround recording as well. It can only be a good thing for the future of hi-resolution multi-channel product market. I wonder of the major labels had some influence on the creation of this categroy (ie. Sony, etc.,...)?
I forget, does the BDP-93 decode FLAC streaming?
yeah, the Oppo BDP-105 definitely has it's advantages, the number of features stands out (high performance video + multiple audio formats + discrete DAC). On the other hand the Sony SVCD-XA5400ES implements a type of up-sampling for CD's.
Just curious if anyone on here has used the GXW15 or Silver W12 subwoofers, and how they may compare to more popular specialty subwoofer brands (like Velodyne, REL, or maybe JL Audio), performance and price?
After years of poor-quality digital music options, hi-def downloads offer excellent sound, reasonable prices, technical advances and many choices among music genres. A guide for baffled music lovers. By Mark Swed, Los Angeles Times Music Critic December 6, 2013, 8:00 a.m. From the start, I opposed digital downloads and everything about them. The early MP3s a decade ago were so sonically constricted they seemed like the worst so-called advance in the history of recorded...
interesting, good to know. Guess I will have to hear for myself once I get things set-up and burned-in. Then do some extensive listening.I'm using, both, the BDP-105 and SCD-XA5400ES, players. Marantz AV8801 processor, Parasound Halo A51 amp, Monitor Audio GS-Gold Series speakers (GS-60 fronts, GS-LCR center, GS-FX rears), and JL Audio F110 subwoofer, in a 5.1 configuration.
After years of poor-quality digital music options, hi-def downloads offer excellent sound, reasonable prices, technical advances and many choices among music genres. A guide for baffled music lovers. By Mark Swed, Los Angeles Times Music Critic December 6, 2013, 8:00 a.m. From the start, I opposed digital downloads and everything about them. The early MP3s a decade ago were so sonically constricted they seemed like the worst so-called advance in the history of recorded...
yes, I have like 4 WD MyBookLive drives (1TB & 2TB), they work beautiful for streaming media files
yeah, I have an extensive CD, SACD, DVD-A, HDCD collection. Also significant size DVD and BluRay collection. Hence the purpose for aquiring the BDP-05. But I like having two players to experiment with, and as a way of "balancing" usage. I will probably use the SCD-XA5400ES for analog CD's and 2ch SACD moreso (and occasionally multi-channel SACD's via-HDMI). The Oppo BDP-05 for everything else, but mostly DVD's, BluRays, analog 2ch and multi-channel audio (also some...
thanks for the info. The link to the air conditioner vent deflector is failing (probably incomplete)