or Connect

Posts by dropzone7

Quick bump for a good seller. I have purchased from Scott before and he takes care of his stuff.
What kind of anamorphic lens do you have there?
Loving this show! Just watched Ep.4 last night. I hate that the same cast won't be returning for another season but this is a case of quality over quantity regarding acting and storyline. I usually watch a season of a show in just a few days but I'm trying to make this show last as long as I can. It's hard not to burn through the whole thing though!
As your out the door in t-minus 30 seconds...
I bought and wall mounted a new 42" LED TV over the weekend. I was not able to find any lag numbers on it and I'm taking a chance on this TV anyway but it was a good deal and it's just for the bedroom so all I really intended is for it to be a streaming video display for my wife. I did not get a chance to hook the 360 up to it yet to test the lag but I'm looking forward to trying that. I'm not expecting miracles but I'm sure it's like any other placebo effect. If you want...
Interesting. It has gotten to the point where the game isn't fun anymore but I continue to play for that 1 out of 10 games that I actually do half decent. I'm not even talking about the weird spawns but just the head to head encounters in which I can never seem to get the jump on anyone. I know as I get older my reaction time is probably not what it used to be but for crying out loud, what I'm seeing on the replays is not at all what I would expect.
Not that this is the only reason I suck but I'm thinking my 7-year old Samsung plasma must have quite a bit of lag. Is there an easy way to measure this and find out exactly what it is? I love my plasma even though it's just 720p and 42" but there are probably better TV's for gaming. The upstairs bedroom is due for a TV so I'm looking at 40" LED sets now. I know this is not the correct thread but anyone have suggestions?
This was one of the few films I actually went to the theater to see last year and I'm glad I did. Even my wife, who normally hates anything but horror and or comedy films loved this movie. She is a big Tom Hanks fan though so there is that. I really enjoyed the pacing of the film and everyone from Hanks to the pirates was just perfection in keeping you on the edge of your seat. It's always funny how watching a film about a true event can still be intense when you already...
Great...thanks for the intel. I think I may have talked myself out of it anyway. I don't know, getting older seems to be turning me into a responsible adult finally. I find it more and more difficult to make large purchases these days. I start thinking of all the other things I should be doing with the money. We are redoing our bedroom over the next few weeks which means many big purchases. I might just settle for a little 32" or 40" LED for the bedroom since we don't have...
With the way prices and availability are moving, I think I'm focusing in on the VT series now. 55" is the sweet spot size for the den area I want to place it in. This will replace a 7-year old, 42" Samsung 720p plasma. Looks like Abes of Maine has the P55VT60 for $1519 which I would probably get price matched through Amazon. Any thoughts on whether this is a good price and even though the VT is supposed to be a step up from the ST, the reviews indicate maybe it really...