or Connect

Posts by BigZAJ

My living room has some unfortunate ductwork and I'm looking at in ceiling angled/enclosed speakers in a 10ft ceiling. Unfortunately I can't put in a center do to the AC. Would it give a really strange sound stage to do left and right in ceiling with a center channel about 24" off the ground under the tv? Sitting about 12ft back.
I am looking for a video processor that will detect 4:3 content and 16:9/2.35:1 content broadcast in 4:3 and automatically stretch or zoom as needed. Additionally I would like something that can detect side bars on HD broadcasted 4:3 content with side bars as "part of the image". Do any video processors or scalers do this reliably? The key for me is automatic detection, especially for 4:3 content on HD broadcasts.
I know there is not a traditional RS232 (serial) port on this TV, but is there a service port? A 1/8" mini jack, some VT series had them?
I posted a few back, but I want to clarify. My current pioneer auto detects side bars and adjusts the aspect accordingly. Can the ZT60 detect black bars of 4:3 material and stretch or zoom?
Is there an option for "Auto Wide Mode" or something like that, where the TV will automatically detect 4:3 and go to Wide-Zoom or some other user selected option? I am looking at this to replace a 50" Pioneer plasma and I love this feature.
Is there an option for "Auto Wide Mode" or something like that, where the TV will automatically detect 4:3 and go to Wide-Zoom or some other user selected option? I am looking at this to replace a 50" Pioneer plasma and I love this feature.
I am about to do a rewire in my house, looking at the existing Cat5e and considering upping to Cat 6. I already have Cat6 for use for HDMI baluns and was just considering replacing the Cat5e at the same time, the only cost to me is time and frustration with the ends. I know Cat5e is gigabit, but with the amount of streaming, traffic, etc I will have going on is there any benefit what so ever to enduring the headache of swapping to Cat6? My head says no... but my foolish...
I am about to get going on my Theater Room / Whole House AV Distribution/Automation Project. Right now I plan to have two 40U racks in a closet serving: Theater Game Room Master Bedroom Living Room Outdoor Kitchen Distributed Audio to additional 4 zones I will initially have 5 receivers and 3 amplifiers in the rack plus cable boxes, htpc, etc etc etc Im trying to figure out how many dedicated circuits I should need for this room and how many receivers/amps per circuit?...
The receivers are both located in an AV closet about 40feet away, I plan to run RCA's to the media cabinet in the living room where the amp will be. From there the speakers are on each side of the wall the cabinet backs up to. 3 channels for living and 3 for master, right on the other side of the wall.
I have a Sunfire 7 channel amplifier I originally bought for my theater room. We are moving and I will no longer have the theater room (for now). The Master Bedroom is adjacent to the living room and i was thinking I could use 3 channels of the amp for the master LCR and 3 channels in the living room LCR, however... in my head this sounds like a bad idea, although I dont know why. Is it ok to do this?