or Connect

Posts by dklayn

The PS3 isn't doing too bad on the supply side anymore. The problem there is that they're not guarantee to sell once shipped, unlike the Wii. There are plenty of reports online of Gamestop/Best Buy/Walmarts that are fully sold out of Wiis but have a good 6-9 PS3s just sitting on the shelf. The trend seems to be this is true for most smaller cities provided they aren't largely known as a college town. Honestly, the PS3 numbers for December won't look great unless they're...
Works fine for me doing the following. Wii Options -> Data Mangement -> Channels. All VC games and Internet channel are listed for me. I then just click on the VC game I want to copy and it pops up with two options "Copy" and "Erase". Clicking on "Copy" beings up the message "Copy to the SD card?" and "Yes"/"No" options. Clicking "Yes" and it, well, copies.
I doubt this is a general increase. In Japan, R-Type was initially released as two games -- the first contained levels 1-4 and the second 5-8. They simply weren't able to fit the game on a single Hu-Card. Remember, R-Type for TG-16 was nearly identical to the original arcade game -- a rarity at that time (most home ports were lower quality) -- and was thus larger than what was the norm. By the time the US release happened, they apparently figured out how to fit it...
Personally, I'm just hoping the Benq W500 (discussed here) comes out soon. I imagine it'll be announced at CES and ship soon after. A $999 LCD with the usual zoom and lens shift that we expect would be quite nice. Of course, I wonder how well Benq will execute given that this is their first LCD projector.
While opinions on Samsung drives vary, the Samsung HD501LJ drive is a new item that can be found on atleast two popular online vendors for that price. I've no idea what MSRP is, given that Samsung's drive division never posts such on their website; nonetheless, that's a normal, non-sale price at those two vendors. With holiday specials going on, of course, there are several other 500 GB drives that can be found for that price or lower. Most are limit 2 or 3 though, which...
The problem is the software. Some corporation that studios and the DVD Forum trust would have to develop a software player specifically targetted for the PS3 that can decrypt and playback HD DVD discs. They would also have to assume responsibility for any flaws in their code that could one-day be exploited to circumvent AACS, keep the product updated, etc. I don't think the "Let's mod our PS3 to be a Blu-Ray/HD DVD/Media Center" crowd is large enough for a corporation to...
The Wii's main problem is how successful the DS is, and how home-console gaming is largely dying out in Japan. There are plenty high-budget, third-party games coming to Nintendo through the DS, while the Wii gets little love. Assuming the new Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for the DS is more like the original FF Tactics (very adult, political/religious corruption game) instead of the FF Tactics Advance for the GBA (very childish and trivial) than the DS is getting one heck of a...
Yes. All GC controllers work, and there's plenty of room to hook in the Wavebird receiver. Heck, even the huge Pelican G3 wireless receiver fits. The only two controllers hooked to my Wii are a Wavebird and a G3. Work not only for GC games, but also for virtual console titles that support Gamecube controllers, as well as Wii games that support GC controllers (ie. Metal Slug -- in which the GC control is probably the best control choice).
nvidia-settings saves setting values in ~/.nvidia-settings-rc You should be able to add "nvidia-settings --load-config-only" into your .xinitrc (or equivalent) to have the values in that file restored anytime X restarts. If previous settings aren't being restored for some reason even in that approach, it's probably because writing/reading to ~/.nvidia-settings-rc might have issues in your remote setup. You can use the '--config' option when running nvidia-settings...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fred Cantwell Not suggesting that it isn't fun but what is "next gen" about the Wii? The fact that it's more powerful than all previous generation consoles? It's certainly not as powerful as the 360 or PS3, but it beats everything before them. It also includes the control scheme as well. Quote: Originally Posted by Fred Cantwell Couldn't this just as easily be fitted to current gen...