or Connect

Posts by accts4mjs

The black turned out great. You can stick your screws in a cardboard box and paint the heads as well so they don't stand out. I was surprised that they would stand up to a screwdriver when I put them back in but none of the paint chipped off. That Krylon Fusion is AWESOME stuff. I use it all the time. I especially like that I can skip the primer on most things (just make sure your surface is clean first of course). Well done and sweet report on the sound test while...
I have a few things that need to be looked at and repaired on my projector. It's still under warranty so I pulled it down and boxed it up yesterday. I can't believe how depressing this photo is (the cables look like the innards of some poor dead animal just hanging there): I walked around last night practically going through withdrawal. All I could think of was, "No movies, no HDTV, no Rock Band with the girls, no Halo3!!" Holy cow I'm addicted to the man...
It's definitely helpful to take really good pictures of all your walls before the drywall goes up. I left a few power lines (not connected yet) and speaker lines behind the walls for future expansion and it wasn't as easy as I thought to find them again. The pictures helped me narrow it down better. I second budk's suggestion to draw everything to scale (try sketchup from google -- it's free). Turns out stud finders aren't very handy on double 5/8" drywall with green...
Greg, Now that you say that it sounds kind of familiar. I could search for it in your thread but it's too early and I'm feeling lazy I do work for HP in Boise, ID. I'm a program manager with the core Firmware Lab for SMB & Enterprise LaserJets. Do you work for HP? Mike
That is an amazing office and a great job on your wire management system. Excellent design and implementation. Mike PS. Thanks for supporting HP
*Whistles* Man, that looks great Greg! I haven't been by in a while (my own Logan Hell), I like the way it's coming together. You mention hooking up a motion detector to your lights, can you share more details on that? How hard was it to hook up? What did you use (custom or purchased)? I would LOVE for this in my theater when the door opens. Mmmm...unless the projector is on, then maybe a different setting. Is it configurable at all? Thanks, Mike
Thanks guys, I think I'll just fill the ceiling joist holes I cut and leave it at that. Mike
Hello acoustic experts, I bought a can of "Great Stuff" expanding foam spray tonight to use in some holes I had to drill in my ceiling joists to run speaker wire for a 7.1 setup. I thought I might try to spray some of it into the outlet boxes in my daughter's room next door to try and get a better acoustical seal between her room and my theater. Will this provide any benefit or am I just wasting my time? If it does provide benefit will it be noticeable or should I...
As in 1+1=2. You start with this: then add it to a bit of this: Mix it together and it equals this: Ahhh...so much better. And the best part? It took like 30 seconds and I did it by myself whereas without the tool it took about 5-10 minutes per speaker (I'm not kidding) and I needed Bill's help. There is absolutely something to be said for having the right tool for the right job. Oh, and I did some quick channel leveling with my sound meter...
LOL! That is so funny. I could totally see you doing that. Then getting pulled over by a cop for littering. Then being taken to the station for drug tests because your story was WAY to crazy to be true Thanks again! Mike