or Connect

Posts by steev

OK thanks for replying. My import workflow is Canon's supplied Pixela which creates folders for each day and files for each clip in that day automatically named with the date/time. However, it's hard for me to see a list of files and remember what is in each clip. What I'd like to have are searchable tags on mt2s clip files outside of a specific movie project. By tags I mean things like jen's wedding or daughter's first words... I know you can add metadata within a...
It seems like the only program that supports tagging and commenting m2ts (AVCHD) files on windows is the Media Manager plugin included with Sony Vegas Pro 8. Are other people running into the same thing? Meaning that most NLEs let you import movies into a project and from there you can organize them. But I havent seen any software (other than Vegas Pro 8) that can do this for the m2ts files outside the context of a specific media project. I think the m2ts file...
I have an explorer 8300HD in Time Warner Cable NYC. I am unable to get movies on demand to work reliably-- it usually will not play a new movie, or it looks like its about to but instead a grey screen comes up followed by an error message. I have an IP address, and the box is in two-way mode, and seems otherwise okay. Ive had cable company out to my house several times already, latest time the guy got it working then that night it failed again. its not the box itself, i...
I've played around with Sony Vegas and just recently Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and it seems a whole lot more cumbersome than Vegas Pro. Anyone else having the same experience? For example, browsing AVCHD files requires several clicks (a double click and a single click on a tiny icon) to preview the videos. On top of that, there doesnt seem to be any place where I can see the filesize of an asset. Wierd, considering there are hundreds of metadata fields and they are mostly...
Does anyone know where to actually purchase Monitor Audio speakers? I would prefer to order them online or I would go to a local dealer in NYC but all they list is a mysterious email address on the dealer locater on the MA website.
That is an unfortunate design flaw. I can not recommend this DVD player to anyone due to this ridiculous problem. Meanwhile, I am going to try to trick my Harmony One remote into always hitting eject before turning off my DVD player-- sounds like a tedious afternoon.
Does anyone know if they've fixed this ridiculous shortcoming in a firmware update? This is almost enough for me to ditch this otherwise awesome DVD player.
Anyone know how to tell what firmware version I have, and what is the latest version? I would prefer not to connect my Denon to the router unless I have to download the firmware. I searched the thread but could not find the answer to this question. TIA!
It took my HF-10 cam all night to charge the first time, even after 2-3 hours it showed 0% then it finally filled up after about 6 hours.
Thanks, I downloaded the trial of VoltaicHD but haven't tried it yet. Instead, I followed some advice from these boards and tried Sony Vegas and so far I really like it. In some ways it seems much more responsive than Premiere and seems a bit easier to use. Also, it handles AVCHD files natively without any intermediate conversion. So what format do people recommend exporting the projects to such that they look great full-screen on a PC? I want to keep the HD...