or Connect

Posts by SkateZilla

I cant mess with the service drop, so I'll call them and have them roll a truck out soon.They'd need to install a Service Drop Box or something, the Only Box we have is the old Arris box next to our old AT&T Box from when they installed the old Cox Phone into our house before they integrated the phone with the Cable modems.Like I Said, the Service drop is at least 30 years old, It may need to be re-done completely, because where they have the line Anchored, it's not safe...
Ok, it's back now, definately need to look at speeding up renovations/re-wiring of RG6, cuz both DVRs are having fits with FamHD
Well the replacement went from only getting a few channels to not doing anything..... hmmmm.... i think it needs a boot from cox's end.
Thanks, Prolly stick with my Ceton Plans, as most of the time Im watching TV on My PC via HDMI Input anyway, only 1 HDTV in the house, everyone else uses laptop or gaming PC to watch Movies/Series on HBOGo/MaxGO.
Believe so as it it will require a tuning adapter, or the 6 Tuner Cox Box will require pro install? I expect a youtube demo video to be out soon, lol...
Thanks, This was a good read...I think i have some stuff from a while back, but I'll prolly just get a new kit and a 500' reel, a bunch of end fittings and a 4 ways splitter,-Clean up the service line drop, replace connector if it's corroded (prolly is)-Run the main line from the Service drop to the void between the first and second floor,-have it stop halfway between the north and south walls, there's a Access panel on the 2nd floor's wall for accessing the void at that...
That's the part I need to get the Company to come out and check, along with their service drop. as Last time I had to replace a splitter there was no ground, from the service drop. so i ran a line from the service drop splitter into the ground about 4 feet.
Apparently, they have to call the number to refresh/hit the box with the signal, cuz they are only getting 2 channels... lol. What's that number again?
Im aware of the specs,as well as 3416 and 3412s are Digital Only, 6416 and 6412s are Analog and Digital.one of the Parents is taking it in Now, depending on what they give, I'll put the replacement in my office on my HDTV, since the living Area is an older SDTV.Funny, Parents Vacuumed/wiped it down, and took it in and left dust all over the counter, lady told my mom "Can you try to dust this one", hahahahahaapretty sure they gave my mom another DCTx41x box.. will look at...
So From the Service Drop: Female to Female Adapter, Screw on Service Line to one end, and the line to the Office to the other) 75-100ft RG6 (Wondering if I should just buy Pre-Cut Store Reel, or a Reel and put the ends on myself...) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882125438 To a 4-Way Splitter on the Office Wall http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882155484 Then Lines to Each Device (DVR1, DVR2, Modem, PC Tuner) To Office...