or Connect

Posts by Xenos

Heh... I realize it seems like a dumb question and honestly it probably is. I was merely being thorough and like I said, it was kind of bugging me thinking about it.The manual doesn't mention anything directly about whether you need to have cable from FR terminals of AVR to lower terminals of speaker, and SBR to upper terminals or vice versa. I had assumed that because of this, it didn't matter where you connect what. Of course I know to remove the bridges.I've had it...
I've had this question rattling around my brain for the last week or so, finally felt I might as well ask it here. I've got an Arcam AVR350. It's capable of bi-amping front R/L. My question is... is there a specific way they have to be wired up? There's the 2 sets of binding posts on the speakers... one for High Freq. one for Low Freq. obviously. I would assume the bottom posts are Low Freq and the top posts are High Freq. So which set of wires goes to which...
Aside from removing sheetrock and installing sound-proofing products... there's really not a whole lot you can do. Acoustic Paneling and stuff is only meant for in-room acoustics so that won't help you. I don't know... buy SoundRock and screw it to your existing drywall?
That would depend on a few things 1) How well DIY with OC would compare to the "real thing". I like to know what I'm getting. NRC ratings, absorption coefficient reports and customer/professional reviews are nice. 2) What is involved in the DIY process. 3) How the final product looks. 4) How long it would take me to do it. Finally, how much cheaper?
Helps with regards to having more options, but doesn't help on cost. RealTraps is too expensive. GIK Acoustics is very tempting if it weren't for the damned shipping. Can anyone comment on Auralex foam panels and LENRDS? Auralex is priced pretty good, have a Canadian distro, and look cool aesthetically. But how do they perform compared to the GIK/RealTraps stuff? If I were to order a room kit from let's say... GIK. It'd cost $800 plus...
I'm in the market for treating my room. Problem is... I'm Canadian and it's prohibitively expensive to ship that crap here. I've got a few companies I'm interested in: GIK Acoustics - Good room kits, excellent reputation. Auralex - Good room kits, functional and aesthetically cooler than panels. RealTraps - Excellent reputation. I've managed to find a Canadian distro for Auralex stuff. GIK Acoustics doesn't have a Canadian distro (which is a shame). It'll cost me...
Well I've pretty much decided to go ahead and add the wall. Thanks to all who contributed. It was very helpful. Now... does anyone have any suggestions of where to buy acoustic paneling/bass traps? Any suggestions of best brands? I've checked out GIK Acoustics, they have some nice room kits for what seems like great value. I've also checked out Ethan Winer's company, RealTraps.com and an online site called ProAudioSolutions.com which has some very nice looking...
Thanks for your input Terry, it is appreciated. Since I'm unable to move my speakers and gear to an end of the "L", would you then agree that building a wall is the next best solution?
Sorry Bryan, I know you weren't questioning the quality of equipment. I guess my reply just could be interpreted in a number of ways, sorry if I came across wrong. As for the custom package I mentioned, It was meant as more of a joke. Again, Sorry. Thanks for the reply, I gather you believe the best thing would be to add the wall as well?
Craig,Thanks for the great reply.I'll start off by first giving dimensions of the room following the installation of the wall. The Length is 17' 9". The Width is 11' 9".The Ceilings are 7' 5" at full height, and 6' 9" where there are bulkheads (of which there are many, almost entire back half of room is 6'9")... so there are absolutely no 8foot ceilings in this room.Not sure if those precious inches help with the dimensions being perfectly divisible... certainly should...