or Connect

Posts by Padrino

After having this TV for only 8 months I just got a line of defects in the LCD about 2/3 down and another batch of lines messed up in the bottom 8 lines. These defects just suddenly appeared. This is a similar thing that happened with my other TV and its just frustrating as ever. I do have a extended support warranty so I guess I will be calling Sony soon. But I know this TV is no longer being mfg. and I don't like the idea of a crappy re-furb. Just when I go used to...
I have seen this a few times recently but only when using the Sony TV apps (YouTube or Netflix). Just figured the apps are crap I hope I don't start seeing this when not using the apps.
Its always hard to tell with pictures. Does not look too bad. The real test is watch a few movies and try (really try) not to look for it. I have found that if you just relax and stop trying to look for imprefections/banding/etc. you may stop seeing them. I had/have some banding/DSE on my TV (you can search for my pics) and I ended up keeping the set. Why? I found no dead/stuck pixels and aftet a while, I stopped noticing the banding. Looking at those pics, I think it...
That's true. If you really want to avoid this issue, plasma may be your best bet.
In my experience, the TV looks good at 30 or even 40 degrees angle. Colors still look good etc. The two things that I do see when I sit off angle (2 seats left or right/15 degrees) are: 1 - Blooming is more evident (more light seems to bleed through at an angle) 2 - Black level drops a bit (not quite the inky blacks) But I still find the picture look very good in general. Yes the best seat in the house dead center and it is a bit frustrating to notice the black level...
If you don't drive the backlight too high, its not bad at all. If you watch TV with some light in the room, its also not very perceptible. But in very dark room, it is noticeable especially off angle. But you can keep it from being an issue by...Advice for Dark Room SettingsDropping the backlight to" MIN" or "1" if you watch in a dark room.Change the local dimming from "Standard" to "Low"If you want brighter whites, increase the contrast (70~90) instead of raising the...
I am with your there... My OOB experience was certainly a bit of a let down when I first discovered some perceivable, albeit minor, issues with my new, very expensive TV. And many of the veteran posters here will help you ease that pain by letting you know that "all TVs have issues" and "no TV is perfect". And for the most part, you do have to accept some imperfection in all TVs.My problem is this, I must have been the luckiest person in the world the last time I bought...
Motionflow (Clear, Clear Plus, Impulse) versus Standard, SmoothTrying to find info about the different "Motionflow" settings is near impossible. I know for most people, turning this "Off" all the time may be the way to go but I still like to understand what the diffrent setting are and what they are trying to do.... I found this explanation on a UK site. They explain the modes a bit.I was just frustrated that the Sony site and all the manuals for the TV don't explain it...
This looks bad especially because you are showing it against a fairly dark background. The problems I posted were only visible with light grey background but imperceptible on a darker screen. I don't know why everyone seems more interested in the technical details behind the image uniformity issues than the actual issue itself but if you can see those hotter spots (that appear brighter) in normal movie viewing without "looking for issues" you may need to get a...
Now that I have spent a good deal of time looking at actual content, I am confident that the non-uniformity will not be a real issue day to day. I spent some quality time with Skyrim and didn't notice any problems. In fact, it looked amazing Also watched some Blu-Ray movies as well and only picked up on it in one scene. So, now I will stop worrying about the imperfections and start enjoying the TV. To end on a positive note... I also grabbed a few of the super-thin...