or Connect

Posts by pknowq

Thanks Daniel, that's helpful and good to know. Yes, it is the old flagship HT5000.Guess he was trying to scam me!
Hi, I'm looking for some advice, as I've been out of the projector market for a few years. I have a Sim2 HT5000 with a IOSC wide screen lens attachment and a Faroudja DVP-1010. I have a 130 inch screen, and primarily use the set-up for Blu-ray. Today, I had a guy over to do some work on security camera's, who happened to say his main business is Home Theatre and projectors. He proceeded to tell me that with the advances in projectors, I'd actually be much better off...
Not much use for it now. Use a Pioneer DV-989Avi for SD, and PS3 for Blu-ray. Figure if I can unlock the XA2 at least I could use it as a spare DVD player for the guest room. Got the Japanese version,so too difficult to follow the instructions on this thread.
Now that the HD war has been lost by Tosh, they ought to release a final upgrade that unlocks all their players as a thanks for those who supported them and now have a brick!
Quote: Originally Posted by uzun I don't think the Faroudja would be on my list at this time. It's DVI, with a SINGLE DVI input, I don't think it processes 1080i input all that well, and I'm not sure it can accept 1080p/24 or 1080p/60 input signals. It lacks features found on something like the Lumagen, and costs quite a bit more. It lacks many of the technological capabilities present in the newer Crystallio II and HQV based solutions as well. Plus...
Thanks for these replies. I decided that RTI would work for me - similar to Glackowitz first posting. Unfortunately there is no RTI dealer in my country so looks like I'll be going with the Crestron.
Thanks. That sounds exactly what I want. The T3 looks good. I've also just read up on the Harmony 890 and MX-3000, and they also seem to be comparable. So what do I actually gain with a Crestron? Sorry I'm new to this, but I'm finding it difficult to differentiate between any of the mentioned models, and I fear the local installers (I'm in HK) are going to take me to the cleaners. Do all the above need professional installation - as I'm not sure if I'll be able...
Hi, I'm just moving house and my decorators are pushing me towards Crestron and Lutron systems. However, after hearing their price I found it quite shocking from what I currently do. I initially asked them for a way I could press one button and control lights, blinds, projector screen etc. i.e. have a theme for movie mode, and to be able to turn everything off at once. A friend mentioned Klipso - but I can't find any info on this. Currently I simply, use an Onkyo...
Hi, Please could I ask for some advice. I'm planning to get the Sim2 C3X for a 120" screen. I'm looking for a good deinterlacer/scaler. I'll be using the screen for DVD and TV. My local dealer that I'm getting the Sim2 and some Merdian gear from is pro-Faroujda and is suggesting that with the DVP-1080 and C3X - I don't have to worry about the source - i.e. even a cheap DVD player will look awesome. The DVP-1080 seems to be very expensive and rarely mentioned on...
Hi All, Just trying to learn the ropes. I've got a 5m viewing distance, 7m long room, and it's been recommended that I go for a 114-120" viewing area. The room is not a dedicated room and I've got big windows. I'll be pulling blackening the room for movies, but my av dealer recommended that if I got a good enough projector I'd also be able to use it for TV even with blinds down. I've been recommended to get a C3X Link. Please can you assist with the questions: 1. The...