or Connect

Posts by HJJ

I would think that the "Gods of the Arena" had to have happened illness to Andy or not. It makes it much easier to explain the backstory on Gannicus and Oenameus. I agree that obviously Liam is no Andy but he did get better and much of his shortcomings could have been resolved with better writing. To me it is obvious that Gannicus would be the true lead gladiator if not for obvious historical perspective. Also, I think the writers did a good job of conveying that Gannicus...
If Ilythia is dead then I say that was bad writing. She most definitely deserved a much more glorious death as Gannicus would say. Or at least a much more brutal one. I was hoping we would get to see Lucretia carve her up before stealing the baby. Lucretia never really fit into this season well for me. Seems like she was really an empty vessel without her husband. Glad to see her come to life in the end only to take it shortly thereafter. Also showed how mentally gone...
No, remember Spartacus at the gate dressed as a Roman soldier saw the "B" brand on Gannicus' arm. I believe he questioned Gannicus about why he would want to fight his former brothers or something to that affect. Yeah, I knew he was looking for extra money but still seemed to not fit. But again, I am sure this will be further explored this week.
It was nice to see Glaber regain some backbone. I think they were trying to make him a sympathetic character like they did Batiatus during the Gods of the Arena when his dad showed up. I also thought Liam's Spartacus was a bit improved as well. The speech was good. I still don't see him as the badass he is supposed to be. Again, though I think this is the writer's fault. With a new actor there is no carryover from what Andy's character was portrayed as. So it should be...
Keeping my fingers crossed that this thing is about to make a turn for the better next week. Still wish somehow Spartacus did not have to be the main character as dumb as that sounds. I think it is less to do with build and more to do with looking like a green kid when you are supposed to be the leader. Andy's character was not substantially bigger. He was just a more mature actor and had the it factor. I still think the writers need to do something to "put him over"...
Yeah I feel at times like I am watching a soap opera especially when the new Spartacus is on screen. I am more interested in what will happen with the other characters. Too bad Spartacus has to be the lead character. Would be more interesting following Crixus, Oenomeus and Gannicus whenever they finally decide to bring him into this series. Should be soon I guess since the affair secret is out.
Second week's episode still seemed slow and definitely missing something. But I have faith it will get better. Maybe as some of the past characters start building more into the story line. Not sure this "on the run" theme is going to be as exciting as having the big matchups in the arena have been in previous seasons. Sort of changes the whole dynamic. But I am still anticipating being entertained.
I think there is good potential that things will ramp up especially with a full season of episodes. Jury is still out on Liam for me as well but I think he will be OK. It actually took me several episodes into season one to get hooked. Speaking of short seasons, I look forward the integration of the Gannicus character. I assume Oenomaus will run into him and will solicit his help. It will be interesting to see if somehow the secret will still get uncovered of Gannicus'...
http://www.target.com/NCAA-Football-...pd_gwb_4_title
Don't forget his role as Bundini Brown in Ali. Most people thought Foxx upstaged lead character Will Smith (former rapper). If only other actors could do impressions well enough to win Academy awards for best actor....