or Connect

Posts by FLBoy

No. I believe you mean the M801i-A3, which is a carry-over of the 2013 model and does NOT have FALD. You will have to wait for the 2014 M801i to hit the stores if you want FALD.
Of course you are correct. Luckily, one only has to place the PJ as close as possible to seated eye level while avoiding the blocking issues you have pointed out. Incidentally, those same blocking issues are the reason you will never achieve 2.4 gain with the so-called 2.4 gain HP. You can come close (e.g., by wearing the PJ as a hat), but to approach 2.4 gain the lens would have to be right between your eyes, which I'm told is quite uncomfortable.
I'm using a similarly rated APC UPS. I have never had it alarm or cut out. I have my P65S2, an Onkyo SR705 receiver, a satellite receiver/DVR, and both Blu-ray and SD DVD players plugged into it. The frequent power interruptions here in Florida make a UPS a desirable addition to an HD system, IMO. Your UPS should not be alarming with just your S2 and a receiver (unless it is a big-honking receiver playing at a very loud level.) If the battery in your UPS is a few...
Another solution would be to buy a simple IR repeater. Place the repeater's IR receiver where it can see your remote. Tape one of the repeater's IR emitters over the S2's IR receiver.
Congrats! I know you're gonna LOVE it.
It is the angle between the projector's line of sight to a point on the screen (e.g., screen center) and a viewer's line of sight to the same point on the screen. The smaller the error angle, the higher the gain. This is discussed in more detail in post #6 of the All Screen Gain Calculator thread linked below.ETA: You have described your center recliner as being to the left of your projector and screen center. Thus, where you entered "4" you should have entered "-4"...
Not to worry. Retroreflective screens have great brightness uniformity--far better than angular reflective gain screens. In fact, when the PJ is slightly above seated eye level (as yours seems to be), the left and right sides of the screen will often have slightly higher gain than the center, thereby helping compensate for any drop in edge brightness caused by the PJ itself. Stick your parameters into my screen gain calculator linked below to see what I mean.
Many of us like the Da-Lite High Power material, which is retroreflective. It will do a nice job in rooms with white walls and ceiling. To be used effectively, the High Power requires that the projector be mounted at a height near that of the viewer's eye level when seated. Many of us in this forum also find this material to be virtually grain free. If you can accept a low projector mounting, I recommend you get a sample.
@DrMark: Nice job, Mark! I haven't had a lot of time to play with your improved version specifically for the HP 2.4 and 2.8, but it looks good to me so far. The accuracy appears to be much better than that of the general purpose All Screen Gain Calculator, as one should expect for a calculator optimized for one (or in this case two) particular screen gain curves. I highly recommend that those considering the HP and desiring the best possible accuracy in gain estimation...
It's a zipped (compressed) file. You need WinZip or some other compatible software to unzip it. (WinZip is a free download.)