or Connect

Posts by Junocat5

So was he an idiot or an 'idot', as offered by J_Palmer_Cass?
My RDR-HX900, like many others, burned its final DVD-R about a month ago. For months before the final death gasp, even the automatic DVD format that is performed when a disc is inserted would regularly fail. By trial and error I found that if I unplugged the power cord from the unit overnight (not just powered off from the front panel) then plugged it in the morning and quickly inserted a new DVD disc, it would format properly and successfully burn a whole movie to the...
Yep. But I suspect a price tag of $450-$500 would also come with many other features, not just the ones I mentioned. I would even spend more, probably $700-$800 if it came with an internal HDD for editing purposes (just ike the Sony HX-RDR900).
Knowing that Panasonic and Sony back the AVCHD format, you would think that there would be more support in this area, but what I can't seem to find are recorders that will transfer AVCHD video on an SDHC card (recorded from a personal camcorder) to DVD media of any kind, and not including those over-priced, one-tirck-ponies that ONLY transfer in that fashion (like the Canon DW-100). I guess the DW-100 is not really expensive (Amazon: $169), but it only does one thing. A...
Does anybody know of a thread that contains a list of the known compatible HDDs for Replay? Maybe the list contains known -incompatible- drives too . Specifically, I am trying to use a brand new WD1600AALB PATA 8MB 7200RPM (aka: Western Digital Caviar Blue) in a Showstopper 2000 without any luck. I have written the image and patched multiple times with no problems, but when the HDD is installed in the Showstopper, I only get the "Please wait..." message, then the unit...
Thanks slprp1. I read as many threads as I could find, but I came away with the impression that some people liked it and some did not. However, I do appreciate your time comparing the two units side-by-side and offering an expert opinion on the issue. Thanks . Junocat5
Before the AVS database melt-down, I asked if one CECB was better (slightly?) than the other; the DTVPal or the CM-7000. Several users have posted success with both units but now I am wondering if there is a clear winner. Even today, Dish Network swears that the DTVPal cannot be remote controlled with any other IR remote than what ships with the unit. Several users of this forum have confirmed the exact opposite. That puts the DTVPal on the 'buy' list for ease of use...
Thanks for the reply. I am not 'automatically' blaming the RTV; its a likely suspect especially when I have already removed all other suspects. There are no VCR Helpers or any other auto-tuning setup anywhere in the Dish receiver. Checked and double checked. And yes, the RTV is on channel 182 of its OWN program guide at 9:31PM. Before that, its on some other channel (usually another channel that I was watching at the time). Thanks.
Has anybody heard of this mysterious issue? Every Tuesday, my Replay 5040 will tune the channel on my Dish Vip211 receiver to channel 182 at exactly 9:30PM every Tuesday, but the RTV records nothing! No red LED. I know that the RTV is my prime suspect because I can cover the IR sensor from all outside influence with the exception of the IR emitter that connects the RTV to the Dish satellite receiver. The Dish receiver is not the culprit, although it has auto-tuning...
Cutrock, are you still having this problem? If so I think I have a solution that you might be able to live with.