or Connect

Posts by dalandis

I've got a Z and have always noticed a bit of a red trail when red objects are moving across screen quickly. It's not too bad... but pretty noticeable when I watch cartoon animated movies. I don't see mentions of this in thread searches. Anyone run into this? I wonder if firmware fixes this sort of thing? (I've never upgraded my firmware... have not explored exactly HOW to do it either.) Anyone have any insight on this? -David Landis Creator of http://www.desktopgremlins.com
Okay... been following the Sharp LCDs for a long time and very nervous to pull the trigger on any TV after having nightmare results with Plasma color pulsing and poor results from a Sony XBR1. One this is for sure... I really can't go larger than 42". I have read about all the trouble the 62 owners have had with banding. What's the story with the 42" size though? I know it does not have the higher specs of the larger models... but what do you 42" owners think of your...
Okay friends. I've been following this thread for a long time. I have also bought and returned a few Tvs over the past year. My question is this. It seems like the 46" sharp is everything I want in a TV - EXCEPT the size! I can't get a TV that big. 42" is the max for me. But I really like the look of the 46". It seems like the slightly softer image is what I like best. (Gives it more of a cinema feel to me). And I am very interested in the fact that it has a...
Okay friends. I've been following this thread for a long time. I have also bought and returned a few Tvs over the past year. My question is this. It seems like the 46" sharp is everything I want in a TV - EXCEPT the size! I can't get a TV that big. 42" is the max for me. But I really like the look of the 46". It seems like the slightly softer image is what I like best. (Gives it more of a cinema feel to me). And I am very interested in the fact that it has a...
Hello everyone... Been following lots of threads here for a long time trying to get a panel I can be happy with. Bought a XBR1 a while back - had to return that because the brightness of it killed me. When I tried to reduce it, it just killed the picture (played with it for 2 weeks). Also bought a Panny plasma only to discover that I see rainbow like pulses on all plasmas. Apparently, I am VERY sensitive to things I see on these larger TVs. (please don't attack me...
Just got back from my closest Best Buy here in Richmond and they have one 46" ready for sale (but none on display). Their computer was showing 100+ 42" units in a DC warehouse and said they could have those in next wednesday. So I just called the West End Broad Street store and to my surprise they told me they have 46" and 52" for sale AND a 52" on display! He said it was only hooked to the store feed... but that they put it next to all the plasma TVs. (He said he...
What sort of DVD players are you hooking up to the 37D90U? Months ago I bought and ultimately returned a SONY LCD and a Pany Plasma for assorted reasons (reasons that I won't describe here because I don't want Plasma lovers to come gunning for me - right Yoda1?)... but as I went through that process, I also realized that my DVD player required upgrading. I need a DVD player that has the individual 5.1 out ports to hook into my Yamaha receiver. That need forced me to...
Ken Ross: I now know that I am one of the TINY minority of people who see this... I say Casablanca is my acid test as I don't have any other B&W movies... but I saw the effect in B&W TV shows... as well as in color sources... it's just really fast to notice in B&W. And I also have stood next to quite a few people watching clips and they CANNOT see what I describe. So yes... my eyes for sure. It's interesting though that a digital video clip captures the effect the...
I was watching a Kim Possible DVD with my little boy on Friday night and the picture was vibrating color and trails at me... then by chance I swtiched the DVD to 480 and the picture looked perfect. Then I got excited... had I solved the problem? So I put in my two acid tests, Casablanca and King Kong... Tried to change the resolution settings and it did not help at all. Weird... I ended up taking back my plasma on Sunday and will keep following this...
The people who do not see this --- why the heck are you questioning that this is happening to me? Heck... I'm a busy guy. I bought a TV that I think I would love EXCEPT for this major problem I see in my eyes. I came to this forum in the hopes that someone would be able to offer some advice to eliminate the effect. I certainly would not get any gratification pulling the wool over the eyes of people who do not give a rip about me. I am trying to explain what it looks...