or Connect

Posts by jcalabria

Does anybody have a link to a PDF copy of the manual for this TV?  or can confirm whether this model supports either RS-232 or IP control?
The "6" button on one of my 650s has become finicky  lately... all of a sudden the button requires a very deep press to operate.  The sudden onset makes me wonder if someone dropped it... it's used in the kitchen with oak floors and granite counter tops.   Both of my 650s had the battery related reset issue at one time or another... flexing the battery contacts to put a little more pressure on the battery cured that in both.  Neither 650 nor my 700 have loose battery...
TWC's  latest programming legal notice indicates that they will be adding WAXN's GetTV to their lineup: http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/about-us/legal/regulatory-notices/programming-legal-notices/car-charlotte.html
I can't say that I recall it going on for a long time, but I definitely heard problems a couple of weeks ago on Revolution, then again on Blacklist this week.  Both times it was on loud effects.
Yes, it's nice to have all channels available if needed.  Work is exactly the same to create a favorites list as it is to enable channels... clicking check boxes from a list either way. 
Your quote is correct in that it is a DRM issue vs an absolute Myth/CableCard incompatibility but, in reality, on TWC systems only the OTAs and a very few others you probably don't want to watch are flagged as copy freely, so Myth or other DVR front ends are not really a viable option.  I'm using a pool of network attached tuners (10 total... 6 CableCard, 2 ClearQAM and 2 OTA) that serve three dedicated media PCs as well as four laptops that see occasional use as either...
Identifiers are loaded in the CableCard channel map by TWC and read by WMC.  WMC knows the identifier and channel number before it even downloads guide data.  It's different from how it works for OTA and ClearQAM setups.  WMC doesn't even channel scan a CableCard tuner... it just reads the channel map from the CableCard. For better or worse, WMC is the only game in town if you use a CableCard tuner.  No other platform has been qualified by CableLabs to work with...
The HDTV selection at the left of the guide is a filter setting.  In WMC, this filters the guide to show only the individual programs flagged in the guide info as HD (or sports, or childrens, etc.).  It has nothing to do with the channel call sign or identifier.  This is another WMC feature that was hosed by the implementation of the new TWC lineup.  To create a guide based on HD channels, you have to create your own custom favorite channel list in /Settings/TV/Guide. ...
 The channel "tuned" by WMC is fixed by the channel map loaded by TWC to the CableCard.  I doubt they even have an SD version of the map for the CableCards... I don't think that anyone monkeying with CableCards would be plugging them into SD devices. Anyway, WMC reads the CableCard channel map and uses that directly. WMC does not do a channel scan in the typical sense with CableCard tuners... it doesn't even know or care about RF channels.  It just knows the guide ID and...
This past week Charlotte was "blessed" with TWC's new national channel lineup.  Don't get me wrong... I like the idea of a theme based lineup, but North Carolina already had a state-wide theme-based lineup that was much better.  Besides having a less logical arrangement than our old statewide lineup, the new national lineup with merged HD/SD assignments has an unintended(?) consequence... it defeats the "HD Only" series recording option found in some none TWC DVRs, such as...