or Connect

Posts by kjbawc

I have Comcast in Ann Arbor. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the buffer, in HD, has increased from about 25m, to about 45m. Anyone else notice it, and why did it happen? Does that mean that the resolution has been lowered? Also, for more than a month now, I have been getting such bad breakup on CBS, ABC, and PBS local HD channels, that the DVR won't even play them sometimes. This doesn't happen all the time, just once or twice a week. I have seen it live, too, ...
I didn't try to reply earlier, because I don't have satellite, and I'm not familiar with your box, or the pieces of equipment that you are using. Add to that, your hookup doesn't sound like it would work at all, to me. But, I'll try anyway, since no one else has answered. A normal hookup of your equipment would have the coax running to your satellite box. The satellite box would feed the DVDR (Toshiba in your case) with S-Video, and R/L line audio outs. If your Sat. box...
I preferred Parr to Carson, but I kept on watching when Johnny took over. Well, until he had Rachael Carson, author of Silent Spring on, and spent the whole time ridiculing her. I never watched him again, after that.
I get the horizontal shear on Comcast. I haven"t tried either converter on anything else.
I have the AA 1360, and the Atlona 500. I have no color problems with either. I do have two problems with both of them. SD sources are too dark. The other problem may be what you refer to as shearing. A horizontal line develops, with the portion of the frame above, and the portion below, actually from different frames. If there is a lot of movement, and vertical lines in the frame, it is very obvious. If not much movement, and more horizontal elements in the frame, not so...
Set your screen to 4x3, and she looks just like Angelina Jolie...
You've said this before, but I don't buy it. Yes, FNC hires pretty people. Megyn IS pretty, but she has a frightening, angry gleam in her eyes, that reminds me of Jodi Arias. She scares me, just to look at her. Candy and Wolf look like they want to eat your children? I don't buy that. Wolf looks like a milquetoast prof., and Candy looks like a cleaning lady, not cannibals. My explanation of why FNC does so well is simple. What are the most popular films at the multiplex -...
All DVDRs record the signal they are sent. The Maggies have an ATSC tuner that will produce an anamorphic widescreen picture, when recording from an HD channel on that tuner. That means that the 16x9 image is squeezed into the 4x3 frame that all SD DVDRs use. You then stretch that with your TV, during playback. Since most cable boxes, from most cable and sat. suppliers don't send anamorphic 16x9 signals out over S-Video and composite outputs, you would need a converter,...
JP, I think you're making a mistake. If working, it's the best thing to play back your tapes. You could probably get it fixed for $100, or less. When you're done with it, you would have a working high-end VCR to sell.
JPowers, given that most of the tapes were recorded on the Tosh, Digado vouches for the quality of that machine, and it sounds like a simple mechanical problem, I would definitely have it repaired, if you don't get it working yourself.