or Connect

Posts by wmcclain

Fantastic Voyage (1966), directed by Richard Fleischer. In a very 1960s secret underground base, a disparate team are shrunk to microbe size in a mission to repair a brain clot in a scientist -- from the inside. Secret agent Stephen Boyd is along to catch the saboteur. It's still pretty wonderful, the sort of adventure every kid dreams about. The very cool Proteus submarine is by Harper Goff, who did the Nautilus for 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. According to the...
What happens when you try?Have you tried this procedure: What do I do if a Blu-ray disc will not load or play, or if it freezes the player?If still no good, contact OPPO support.-Bill
Name that movie:Answer: [[SPOILER]] -Bill
Price range? The OPPOs do, but current models start at $499. They also enforce Cinavia for files on optical media, but not (currently) on USB drives or over network SMB or DLNA.-Bill
You're a brave man.Wait and see! I space them out over time so as not to overload the reader.-Bill
Welcome to AVSForum. Try this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1336046/ripping-blu-rays-ii -Bill
Village of the Damned (1960) and Children of the Damned (1963) (#1 of 12 films of the 1960s) Two for one! It's natural to join these together: the second is a remake or sequel of the first. In only three years UK filmmakers crossed a big cultural divide. The second film is strangely prophetic of the later 1960s counterculture. Review: Village of the Damned (1960) and Children of the Damned (1963). -Bill
Assembling thumbnails for the Review older films here: 1979 and earlier thread, I've collected a list of "Twelve 1960s films I'd like to see on Blu-ray". I do NOT claim that they are all great films, or that the economics justify their production, or that the film elements exist that would allow a hidef edition. But new Blu-ray editions would give me an excuse to revisit them. -Bill
Is the code set the same in the two remotes? That's the little switch inside the battery compartment.Else contact OPPO support.-Bill
Welcome to AVSForum. Please use this thread for this sort of question: http://www.avsforum.com/t/959985/official-help-me-choose-a-player-thread-cant-decide-start-here You won't find ISO support in Blu-ray player. -Bill