or Connect

Posts by wmcclain

Likely your DLNA server is transcoding the audio or video into a format that the player does not accept. Do you have any control over the server settings?-Bill
I would put up calibration disc test patterns and sample clips and test it. Trust your eyes. 1080i and 1080p signals ought to look the same.Converting between 1080p and 1080i at 60hz ought to be dead easy and trouble free, but there is many a slip in consumer electronics, so best check it.-Bill
Try one of the MKV files on local storage like a USB stick or hard drive. If it works, then we have to look at a server issue.If it doesn't: there are free utilities called "mkvinfo" and "mediainfo". Get text output from one of them for that file and post it here.-Bill
Last year's time travel romance.Why is that man so happy?-Bill
Name that movie:Answer: [[SPOILER]] -Bill
However, from that same site: -Bill
Oh, good grief.I read here: Mickey Rooney Dead: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know that:Andy Hardy and the Hardy Boys are completely different things. I think there were only 16 Andy Hardy films.-Bill
The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961) (#6 of 12 films of the 1960s) I could have put Day of the Triffids (1962) in this UK SF slot, but will go with a slightly more adult title. Quintessential "finding love during the collapse at the end of the world" story. Review: The Day the Earth Caught Fire (1961) -Bill
Married eight times? First to Ava Gardner? That's legend material right there. Plus 340 acting credits in the IMDB. Seeing his juvenile roles I'm struck by what a wild boy he would play. When they said "hey kids, let's put on a show!" he'd be the out of control drummer in the band. I hadn't thought of him for years when he showed up in The Black Stallion (1979), but it looks like he never stopped working, before or after. At whatever he could get, looks like. Makes me...
Zoe Tamerlis Lund bringing an electric iron down on rapist #2. Whose problems will all be over, presuming he wasn't planning on traditional funeral services.I reviewed this a while ago: Ms. 45 (1981). The thumbnails are from the PAL DVD.Unexpectedly, it is now on a rather good Blu-ray, and we have a thread for it: Ms. 45 (1981) - March 25, 2014. I just posted some larger thumbnails there.-Bill