or Connect

Posts by wmcclain

About 20 minutes into the title you'll get a popup message saying audio will now be muted on the backup copy.Currently Cinavia is detected and enforced only for files on optical disc, not on USB devices or network sources.It sounds like your problem is some other network issue.-Bill
Check this thread, or ask there: Oppo BDP-105 "Sound Quality" Check Thread for Audiophiles-Bill
Yes.-Bill
The manual has a section "HDMI Input to BDP-103". Ask here if anything is not clear.-Bill
So you don't accept what's posted in #67 above? That part about "give then time to fix it"?-Bill
No, I would first look at the file system parameters on the optical disc. See the links I posted previously.-Bill
Name that movie:Answer: [[SPOILER]] -Bill
It plays from a USB device but not from an optical disc?That sounds like a file system issue on the optical disc. What are using to burn the disc, and with what parameters?I have found that once you cross a certain file size, care must be taken to author the disc correctly or the player won't read them properly.See recent discussion in the BDP-93...
I could live without Thumbs Up, etc, but do find myself checking it on other people, just as additional data to supplement "How many posts?" and "When did they join?" You get a new person who knows what they are saying and think "Fresh blood! That's good." On the one hand: it's good that it is a "plus" system only. Keeps it positive. On the other: I often wish for a way of saying "What an idiot" or "Please stop trying to help people" or "What was the answer the last...
They had the BDP-80, which was a fine player, but wasn't offered for very long. I suspect the problem is economics: what is the margin on a cheap player, and how many million do you have to sell to cover salaries? Big companies can do it, but small companies can't. -Bill