or Connect

Posts by bigpimpin

The first link.
I'm not in the DFW area but thought I would post a quick reply. If you plan on keeping this projector for a little while and have the coin, do it; it's a no brainer. I had a Pioneer FPJ1 (RS2 clone) connected to a Mini using Chromapure and for me it was a night and day difference. It's amazing what a proper calibration will do to this projector. I recently upgraded to a Sony 50ES so I moved the Pioneer into another room (no mini), and it's not the same projector.
Everyone in my family prefers the PS3 glasses over the ones that came with the projector. They seem to have better range and don't lose sync as often. I'm happy with them, especially for the price.
Up for sale is my Pioneer FPJ1 1080P projector which is a JVC RS2 clone. The projector is in excellent condition, appears new (no blemishes), and comes with a new unused oem spare lamp (JVC BHL 5009-S) still in it's box. Current lamp in projector has about 2200 hours on it. The projector comes with it's original box, manual, and remote. Good convergence and uniformity. I am the first and only owner. Specs: Native 1920 x 1080 resolution (1080P) D-ILA™ Three Chip optical...
Zombie, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting some quick tips/best practices when calibrating a front projector. Windows/Fields? 75%/100%? Meter set up? Distance from screen? Tilt horizontal or vertical to avoid shadow? I'm pretty much self taught and have been trying just about everything so I can better understand the outcomes and effects each setting has. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I have spent a bunch of time in the Calibration forums but thought...
Good to know...I performed an Autocal this morning using the same software versions Tibia mentions above and yielded his same results. I used 100% intensity patterns with both fields and windows and both times I also had to reset my mini3d to get a decent picture back on screen. I'll try again later tonight using Tom's suggestions.
Zombie, do you still plan on using the Panamorph Cinevista with one of these projectors? I have a HW50 on the way and I'm thinking of moving to a Seymour 2:35 AT. Just curious.
Up for sale is my Pioneer FPJ1 1080P projector which is a JVC RS2 clone. The projector is in excellent condition, appears new (no blemishes), and comes with a new unused oem spare lamp (JVC BHL 5009-S) still in it's box. Current lamp in projector has about 2200 hours on it. The projector comes with it's original box, manual, and remote. Good convergence and uniformity. I am the first and only owner. Specs: Native 1920 x 1080 resolution (1080P) D-ILA™ Three Chip optical...
Count me in!
As you can see in my avatar, I have my rear surround speakers on some Plateau V-30's which are filled with lead shot and the speakers are blu-tacked to the stands. The speakers do sit in the middle of the room and miraculously I haven't had an incident yet...knock on wood (preferably south american rosewood!). The stands are pretty sturdy and it would take a good bit of force to knock them over; this approach along with discipline has worked very well with my three boys....