or Connect

Posts by bicker1

Is anyone else noting this? It seems to me that the FF (and REW) performance of this player is horrendous. I know I'm spoiled by how incredible TiVo's FF and REW work, but it seems utterly ridiculous to me that I can't FF with any sense of reliable control over how far it goes, i.e., when it stops. I press play a dozen times, sometimes, before it stops. I know that there is nothing obstructing the remote, because pressing FF take effect immediately, very reliably. ...
This is a DVD Recorder forum, so discussion of non-DVD recorders which can be connected to external storage, such as the TiVo Series 3/HD/Premiere, would be inappropriate. You can read about them in the HDTV Recorders forum:http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=42
That's not the case - generally break-even is about 3 1/2 - 4 years - but this isn't the thread to discuss that math.
In context, though, that's not saying very much. Practically anything is possible, anytime. What's the most likely scenario, though?
You don't have to reply to things you agree with. And we don't actually have to agree, either.
Keep in mind that DirecTV does not comply with any published standards for open-access, so the TiVo Premiere would not work with DirecTV service. A new DirecTiVo is supposedly on its way, but no release date rumored, yet, as far as I've read.
Yes, that's key. It applies to many things discussed in these forums: DVRs; 3D; reality programming; old movies; vampire programming; the importance of black levels; 5.1 vs. 7.1; etc.
Yup I thought I was talking about getting those longer discs, rather than getting the next discs after that. So rereading what he wrote again, wouldn't he be expected to return two of those discs within 10 days of downgrading?
Yes, I think that's a good point. I remember early on that Samsung was very quick to approve warranty service for this problem. As time went on, there were more and more reports of them denying repair under warranty. It seems to me that they're aiming to put an end-date on this. Presumably, at some point this issue goes from a design defect to just wear-out. They're saying that that happens at about five years (four years for some folks, six years for others, but...
Are you suggesting that market research generally leads to a product "bombing"?Yes, but that could be interpreted to mean it's a even-money thing. Are you suggesting that market research leads to a product "bombing" even only half the time? The point is that you're raising fear, uncertainty and doubt out-of-proportion to that which is appropriate under the circumstances.