or Connect

Posts by dman777

I was in Best Buy's Magnolia room listening to Bowers and Wilkins 684 tower speakers. I was expecting a really good sound, but what I found was while this speaker had excellent mid range, it sounded very airy like because of it's mid range and lacked warmth. Why is this? I would of expected a good quality sound from such a speaker like this. The salesman said it was because it needed to be bi-amped, but I am not sure if that is true reason why. I also listened to the 686...
I'm confused on the size of a Sub...wouldn't a 12 inch sub(like the SVS) put out more bass in my apartment compared to a 8 inch sub which would bother the neighbors? That is after adjusting the EQ settings... Right now I have 2 channel stereo with Bose 302 in the front. I plan on switching them out for B&W bookshelves later on down the road.
I live in a one room apartment that is 425 square feet. I would like to have a little extra bass for my music, but not so much that will it get me into trouble with my neighbors. I want to go with Bowers and Wilkins because I want a high quality tight bass sound rather than muddy. This is for music only. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly techno and jazz. Which sub woofer would be best for my apartment but not get me in trouble... The 8" version of the Bowers...
The speakers came in yesterday and I have been listening to them. They sound good but I don't know if they are the right fit for me. My apartment is horizontal like a shoe box shape(425sq feet)...and the speakers are on the horizontal side of the wall. Most of the time I listen to them from about 4 feet way. I notice if I go into my kitchen ...the furthest I can get from them....like maybe 9 feet...they sound better...warmer and more sound stage. But around 4 feet they...
I see the only difference is the 550 has a extra 5.25" cone. Is this correct? If so, besides loudness...would the only benefit of two 5.25" cones be more bass? Would that type of bass be better from a bass box instead? And value wise, would the 550 be worth it over 530?
I have a JVC Hybrid RX 205 receiver that has 110 watts per a channel for the front 2. Which would be a better way to go...the 530 or 550's for it? I love that receiver and don't ever plan on changing the receiver.
I actually like these and I might try them. Question, if I wanted to spend the extra money....what would I get from the JBL Studio Dual 570 5.25 in sound quality that I wouldn't get in the Studio 530? Also, would the 570's be 2 big for a 425 square foot apartment? I'm not looking for loudness but the best speaker sound quality I can...
I am looking for speakers for my 2 channel stereo system in my 425 sq foot studio apartment, I like a warm sound with a full sounds stage. This is for music only. I already have a class D receiver that I love. I like the highs to be soft and not hard and harsh. I was looking at these JBL's......
My apartment has no bedroom...it just one room and it's shape is exactly the shape of a shoebox....horizontal. No high ceiling. I mean I would replace my 2 speakers with one of those single speakers that sit on a bookshelf. For instance, it it was the A7 I would skip my receiver and use a usb cord to attach to me receiver.
I live in a 425 sq foot one room studio apartment. It's shaped just like a horizontal shoe box. I have 2 stereo speakers separated on the long side of the wall. If I am in one spot...on the other side of the wall horizontally.... I get stereo separation. But if I walk around my horizontal apartment, that stereo separation is completely lost and there is no spatial sound. Would I do better with one of a single book shelf speaker for spatial sound? Like the Bowers &...