or Connect

Posts by silverwolf0

I've been using an old Panasonic 32lz800 for the past few years as my monitor. Then I got the bright idea of trying out some of the newer IPS monitors to see about any new improvements. I bought an HP 27xi with AH-IPS display. Man was that a mistake. Even looking straight on and not at an angle, any dark or black colors would have a neonish white glow that ruined them. It's worse off-angle. Plenty of youtube videos later (apparently showing off viewing angles of monitors...
Man its like people are deliberately ignoring my first post even though I already said there are adapters out there. I guess if you don't have the problem then anyone else who complains that Sony should keep the analog out while the console isn't released yet is just a poor whiny cheapscate.
People are debating what the AUx will support on NeoGAF forums. Most definitely the PSEye camera, but beyond that who knows. They are more concerned about capture cards. I just want to be able to hear the game I am playing. I'm also guessing that not all HDTVs, especially budget ones, have audio out. So this problem shouldn't be all that unique to my monitor configuration. Flatscreen TVs in general have AWFUL speakers and my bookshelf speakers don't have an optical port,...
I just bought a 27" monitor with no audio out. For the PS3, you can set a different output for the audio and use the included AV analog cables instead. I'm seeing conflicting reports about whether or not the spec sheets say the PS4 is hdmi only or not. If it is hdmi only, I won't be able to use this method to connect to my bookshelf speakers. I'll probably need to buy an optical to rca adapter, which is an additional cost, and it will require it's own power adapter. I'm...
I just want to give a general breakdown of Yakuza 4, and some of the complaints I have with the series in general. I am quite aware that this series is almost like a yearly Madden, so I shouldn't expect TOO much out of it. PROS: 1. Sheer quantity of stuff to do. However, if you've played the other Yakuza games, there's very little new to offer. 2. The quirky substories. This is 95% of the game, and pretty much the only reason to buy it if you have played previous Yakuza...
Just got the game from gamefly. The game makes me nauseous, especially in outdoor environments, because the framerate is so bad and they try to cover it up by putting the blur up to 11. Generally very muddy looking. It looks 10x better on the PC, actually playable looking. I wonder how the Xbox version looks like. Can you really not lock onto a monster? I'm just running around flying past things because the controls are so loose, like the floor is made of ice. That lag...
They sure felt like 10 minutes, which doesn't change the fact the load times were obscenely long, the longest I've ever experienced on any console. And I wouldn't doubt that half of my time playing was spent watching the load screen. You are also taking this way too seriously. Can't even say something negative without an onslaught. I still enjoyed the game nonetheless.
Well I'm not a big fan of playing games on a PC but I do have the hardware if it comes to it. The first Dragon Age was just atrocious on the PS3. I don't mean graphically, because I could live with the lesser fidelity compared to the shinier PC version. But oh my god the load times were the worst I've ever experienced on a console game. The main game town you eventually get to, it literally took 10 minutes for me to enter and exit each building without doing anything....
No one is really arguing that the next logical step is 3D. It is the implementation of 3D that is the problem. When Nintendo released the Virtual Boy, it was unanimously hated and scrapped because the effect was extremely poor and the health implications more than just mild. Would you have argued to keep it instead? The fact that people are still getting nauseated shows how "unnatural" the current 3D implementation can be. If our eyes and visual system are logically tuned...
I'm having a hard time enjoying Okami on the Wii for several reasons. I was nostalgic and happened to have a sealed copy of Okami for the Wii handy and popped it in. I've played this game 3 or 4 times on the PS2 before since it is my favorite PS2 game. The first thing that struck me was how blurry, muddy, and desaturated the game looked. I remember it being much sharper and colorful on a relatively recent playthrough with the same TV setup, although I don't have a PS2...