or Connect

Posts by djbrown13

I have to believe the Ben/Widmore rules are different than the Jacob/MiB rules. Jacob was the protector of the Island for what, 2000 years? Ben and Widmore were just two of many 'leaders' of the Others. People who aged and died and were overthrown with seeming regularity. Ben claimed it was against the rules for Widmore to hire a team to find the Island which led to one of them killing Ben's pseudo-daughter. One, I don't think the rules applied to offspring, even real...
I predict in the fall the cops will ask Castle how the summer with the ex was and he'll say "oh we started fighting right away and she left a week in. I spent the rest of the summer relaxing and finishing my book, which comes out next month!" But with the time apart Castle and Beckett will both have at least temporarily gotten over the strong feelings they shared and get back to business as usual, before we're taken down the Ross and Rachel path again as the season...
I watch Survivor for 38 days worth of entertainment with knowledge that the 39th day will likely bring disappointment. But who cares, no matter how they voted no money was coming my way. I was hoping Russell would win last night, just like in the fall, but knew he wouldn't. I don't like the version of Sandra the producers have let us see, but clearly she is doing something right to win a jury vote twice. I imagine it is the 99% of their time together we don't see that...
If Lost was a novel a bunch of people would have been mad after reading half of it that the explanation on the book jacket that got them to buy the book in the first place was a lie. I'm currently reading a book best described as historical fiction that spans a specific battle during the Civil War and a few years after. Its better than I expected. But if after the battle it was revealed that the fight was actually taking place on a magical battlefield that roamed around...
I would add to this everyone in the sideways world, whatever it is. So many of the character deaths on the Island may prove to be meaningless, depending on how that sideflash world is reconciled with the Island world. Charlie, Boone, Sayid, Sun, Jin, Libby, Shannon (not seen but refereced to by Boone confirming her being alive), Locke, Faraday, Ilana, Dogen, Keamy, Arzt, Mikhail and probably others I can't remember.
Obviously no one knew for sure where this show would lead, or what the ultimate explanations would be, but I never even remotely considered the possibility that the source of The Rules would be "because Mommy said it was". As far as I can tell the overriding message of this story is that man is created pure and innocent, and if you keep man isolated in a controlled environment he will remain so. But once he learns more of other men and the rest of the world he will...
Plus if there was a recap show it would have pushed everything back a week, meaning the three-hour Survivor finale/reunion would have gone mano-a-mano with the Lost finale.
The sub was strong enough that the explosion was largely contained by whatever room Sayid made it to before going off. If they had only used the 3+ minutes they had from discovery they could have gotten the device to the far rear of the sub and gotten themselves to the front, closing whatever doors there were in between. Then after the explosion tried to make it to the exit hatch. Locke not only made the device from a common watch, he managed to rig it to countdown...
+1. I used to love this show. My wife and I finally stopped watching it this year, deciding the offensive qualities too overwhelmingly outweighed the funny ones. People have different thresholds, but I knew it was over for us when there was a line mocking Pan Am 103 (my wife being a Syracuse native and SU alumna).
So taking this a step or two further, would you posit a theory in which in some future episode we will see all the candidates in Room 23 in trance-like states living out their sideways lives in their minds alone? And, as Desmond has obtained the ability to operate independantly in said alt-world, he will get each of them to see through the wall back into their actual reality and awake, rise up, and defeat Widmore? Jack will assume the role of Jacob and MIB will live on...