or Connect

Posts by djbrown13

This is the exact mentality behind the BCS. I don't see how giving an automatic bid to small conference champions is a medium to not offend anyone. The NCAA tournament is about everyone having a shot. As a UConn fan, George Mason derailed a season. But their run was historic and that possibilty keeps the tournament thriving year after year. The perception that smaller conferences are inferior and don't deserve a chance to play along is ludicrous. I think Boise St. has...
I think he went this time. The biggest 'subtle difference' in the LAX timeline to me is the apparent mood changes undergone by many of the characters from there last scenes before boarding 815 the first time. Sawyer - Before: agrily getting deported After: happy and jokiing/flirting with Hugo and Kate Jack - Before: angrily arguing to get his Dad's coffin on the plane After: happily joking with Locke about the missing body and confidently offering his surgical...
What are our thoughts on Claire? MIB took the form of her father and lured her to the cabin? So she's completely alive, but where did she go from there? Did she make her way to the templee, where she and Jack will eventually have an emotional (re)union of half-brother and -sister?
I haven't had any handshake issues since I upgraded my tv (4 year old Samsung plasma to 2009 Sony LCD). I feel for all of you having issues, I know how frustrating it can be. I feel quite lucky for the smooth sailing I've had with my 23. PS3, Wii, PS2, HD DVD, HD DVR, old Kenwood cd player (some issues here, but 100% source related), iPod...no complaints. As for the question above, I have all CEC options, when available, turned off.
In general I agree, but to play devils advocate: - If the alternative to cable companies renting boxes was everyones free will to purchase whatever box they wanted from whatever store they wanted, upgrades would cost a lot - All of our other AV gear, aside from firmware upgrades, comes with a significant cost when we want to upgrade to better/newer/cooler. why should cable boxes be any different? - I look at upgrading in my proposal like this. Right now I have one HD box...
I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on this subject, but here's a crazy and not well thought out idea on cable box rental/purchase and I wonder how others feel about it. I propose cable companies offer their boxes at current rental rates per month, but once you've spent X dollars in fees for each box, you now 'own' that box and no longer pay rental fees. If you decide to upgrade to DVR, or HD, or a newer model box, or whatever, the process starts again. ...
Only one new ep last night. ABC called off the dogs on the two-per-night burn off for Ted and Scrubs. Going into last night each show had 4 eps remaining, and two per night would have burned them before Lost premiers on 2/2 in their slot. Scrubs is doing one next Tuesday, one next Wednesday, and what looks like a series finale the following Wednesday. The State of the Union could of course get in the way of the scheduled ep on 1/27. As of now, though, there is no schedule...
I am all for technological advances, and I can't say one way or another if I'd get on the 3D bandwagon. I don't think I will, but I never thought I'd buy a second HD set so soon after my first, but there it is on my wall. My concern is that the technology is advancing faster than it can be implemented. Just last month did Comcast created enough bandwidth in my town to break the 50 HD channel barrier. My family in CT has Comcast and only 20 or so HD channels, with no...
Sorry for taking so long to reply to this. I have a Z5200. I don't have a computer connected, but I agree that the Sony's HDMI ports stay active when the tv is off. This tv gets along much better with both the 23 and my DVR than my Samsung did. As for the Wii discussion from othe posters, my Wii is connected via component through the 23 and upcoverted over HDMI to my tv at 1080p.
I finally watched the reunion last night, and caught up on the thread today. Some thoughts... First, if Russell indeed does not care or need the money, he should be rather content with himself. He played it his way, made it to the end, and millions of people including the host of the show think he deserved to win. Second, all these shows in general. The voting is a crapshoot. The jury members rarely do what we think we would do in their position. I watch...