or Connect

Posts by tobybul

Yeah, I do not understand what the big deal is with Samsung and their prices. I will get a Sony or Panasonic TV anytime before I touch a Samsung. I might consider an LG though. I actually have an LG washing machine and I love it.I am in the market for a 55-60" tv but not in to getting anything with too many bells and whistles. I already have a Sony np-100 media player which supports amazon watchlist so I really do not need a smart tv anyway. In fact, I like the idea of...
If Consumer Reports data is any good, Panasonics have the least repairs in all the brands while Samsung and LG are up there. But if you look at the basis of this data, they surveyed 216000 members and Panasonic came in at 2%. LG at 4% and Samsung at 5%. There are 8 other brands between Pana and LG. So this tells me all of them are very reliable but Panas are the most.
I have also been checking out the 60" LG 60PN5300 and the 55" Panasonic TC-55UT50 at Costco. I read the CNET review online of the Panasonic but theres no CNET review of the LG. The LG is not 3D but the Pana is but does not come with the glasses. I was thinking that about the only way to find out if Iike either one is to just get them and return it within 90 days if I don't like it. I have no need of 3D. CNET says the Pana is best with a non-lit room. Picture not that...
I'm new to the area and not sure what channels I can pick up if I just use rabbit ears. Will I at least pick up network channels like ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX plus their sub-digital channels? I live in the 4th floor of a building near Barton Creek. Thanks
vizio just emailed back and said no video files are supported. I don't understand this installment approach. why don't they just support all media. seems like they are handing things out in bits and peices. The USB ports only support photo and music files (jpeg, jpg, and mp3). They do not support video files. Currently there is no additional information on these files being supported. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. How about if we all email...
Mine also updated a couple of weeks ago. I emailed vizio and asked what the update was for. Here's their response:"Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you with your concern. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support. The update included roughly 20 new widgets, including Blockbuster and Hulu Plus, activated the USB ports and resolved other minor functionality issues." I was waiting for this...
Does anyone know what exactly did Vizio do with the USB ports in the last firmware update? They said they activated it. SO I plugged in a zip drive and it seems to read photos. I was wondering if it can play other media too like .avi, etc...
whats a lead in cable?
Does anyone have any experience with tv antenna installers in Grand Rapids. It looks like I need my antenna replaced or tweaked but I want someone who knows what they are doing. I put this system in (Royal 17) about 4 years ago but the digital transition has rederred it a bit obsolete. I can try tweaking it myself but I'm at a point where I'd like to leave the work to competent and reliable "experts".
Does anyone have any experience with tv antenna installers in Grand Rapids. It looks like I need my antenna replaced or tweaked but I want someone who knows what they are doing. I put this system in (Royal 17) about 4 years ago but the digital transition has rederred it a bit obsolete. I can try tweaking it myself but I'm at a point where I'd like to leave the work to competent and reliable "experts".