or Connect

Posts by kesawi

Won't repeat what others have already said as it is some good advice.There is no single GPU card that will handle 4K gaming at present. Both the GTX780Ti and 290X struggle to sustain frame rates above 30fps in most of the benchmarks I've seen. Granted most of the benchmarks are at ultra setting, but then if you have 4K you want it to look good Even in SLI/Crossfire their performance is still struggling to achieve 40-50fps at 4K. I believe we are still a generation away...
I'd suggest increasing the SSD size to 256GB if you will be installing games on the SSD. 128GB gets full very quickly once you start installing some games. If you want to overclock the CPU you'll need to get an i5-4670K rather than an i5-4670, and have a motherboard with a Z87 chipset. With the GTX 780 you'll need to remove the central HDD cage to fit it in the case as it is quite long. This shouldn't be an issue as you only have an SSD and HDD which will fit in the...
You could try investigating a rackmount server case, however I don't know whether their interior space would be long enough to accommodate a full length GPU.
It's a build to meet a specific budget, therefore it's about what gets the biggest appreciable gains for the money spent. At 1080p the difference in performance between 2GB and 4GB of VRAM is negligible (http://alienbabeltech.com/main/gtx-770-4gb-vs-2gb-tested/3/). For an extra $50-$70 (depending on the specific card) it gains 0-2fps.The new consoles do AC4 at 1080p but with considerably less eye candy than the PC. The PC version adds Godrays, PCSS shadows, TXAA and HBAO+,...
4GB of VRAM is overkill as at 1080P the usage shouldn't get near 2GB. 4GB starts to become beneficial at higher resolutions such as 1440P or for multi-monitor setups which is not what the OP is doing. Also a GTX770 would be beneficial if the OP was running higher than 1080P or a 120HZ monitor, but at 1080P with the 60Hz refresh rate on the TV the GPU would not be used to its full capacity. A lowered performance card such as a GTX650Ti would be more appropriate for the...
I agree the Argus Wiki isn't the best and it does take a little bit of trial and error to get things up and running. You don't need to use the MediaPortal TV Server as Argus has its own (unless you want to add IPTV). Bypassing the MP TV server makes the installation a lot easier to figure out.
I find Argus rule based recording means it does series recording better than MediaPortal.For example, in Argus I can tell it to record first runs only, or only individual episodes once. An episode may be repeated several times during the week (ie premiered during prime time, then repeated in another time slot later), or a combination of new episodes and re-runs may be shown shown particularly for longer running series such as The Simpsons or The Big Bang Theory. Provided...
Recently switched from WMC + Media Browser to MediaPortal + Argus TV. Live TV is a little slower to change channels than WMC, but as a PVR it is excellent. If find the recording options in the Argus so much more flexible than MediaPortal and it integrates well. Not sure how well it goes with cable as I don't have the option here in Australia. I don't use Hulu or Netflix as it isn't available here and I can't be bothered using a VPN, so I can't comment on how well MP...
It does beat it, but at the expense of considerably more noise and heat. Is still an awesome card compared to the price of a Titan.
iTunes match is a good service, however it does have a few downsides:It's a subscription based service and needs to be paid for.If a user is located in part of the world which has low data caps on their internet plan, then downloading everything from the cloud with multiple devices is prohibitive.You need to accept the quality level for the audio that iTunes Match supplies to youReally, iTunes syncing should just work without the number of issues that people have raised,...