or Connect

Posts by ESPNSTI

That aside, I am actually here for a question.I'm looking to upgrade from a TX-SR875, which I'm quite happy with except for one issue.In certain situations there is a delay of several seconds, presumably for it to figure out if it's dolby, dts, etc...For example this occurs when:switching channels on my dishthe start or end of a commercial breakchanging sourcethe source has audio drop-outsIs this referred to as "audio acquisition delay"?This isn't the main reason why I'm...
Not for the games, no, but like I said, I think it just wont do that, I think it'll only send stereo to the optical out for anything that isn't Dolby Digital / Surround or DTS. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).For example, if I remember correctly, I have a 6 channel WAV file that only plays on the front two speakers (connected to an AVR in another room) over SPDIF for me, but it plays 5.1 on my speaker system directly connected to my PC (not using...
I have a Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series card with the optional Digital I/O module, but I use the coax instead of the optical connection.I did have trouble to get it to work at first.What I did was to create a loopback connection (I connected the spdif output to the spdif input on the digital i/o module), and used soundrecorder to check to see if it was working or not.I don't remember what exactly I did that got it to work, but I played around with the...
I have a dual boot XP / Vista machine and Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 speakers, and I have not noticed this.Then again, I've always had the system volume at 100 and the promedia at 50 for XP as well. (Maybe I'm a bit hard of hearing. )Is it a 5.1 system? If so, are you sure you have both XP and Vista in the 5.1 mode in the Windows Sound/Speakers control panel?Is this during movie playback, or a game?FYI, I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series sound...
There is a firmware update for the TX-SR605, but I don't know if that has anything to do with your sound problems: http://www.onkyousa.com/605firmware_replace.cfm I have an NVidia 8800 GTS connected to a TX-SR875 through a DVI to HDMI cable, but I have a separate SPDIF cable for the audio. When I use cloning or extending the desktop to the TV, I have some screen tearing, so I would recommend switching the primary monitor to the TV instead.
Any chance your graphics card on your HTPC only supports DVI-D? In that case it wouldn't send the analog signals that I assume are needed for component.
I have a 30 foot Gefen CAB-DVI2HDMI-30MM cable (I didn't pay quite that much for it) that runs between my PC in one room to my Sony KDS-55A2000 TV in the other. But I wonder if this wouldn't be a good cable as well: http://bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/index.htm When I want to watch videos / movies that are on my PC, I switch my PC to use the TV as the primary monitor, and use ffdshow to upscale it to 1920x1080, and the PC sends out a 1080p signal. Works like...
The power consumption numbers in this review taken when running 3DMark06 are much higher than the less than 60W when playing back Blu-ray in the reference board:http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/12...sts/index.html Is this because 3DMark06 is that much more taxing than Blu-ray playback? Or is it because of different choices of components? (CPU / HDD /PSU)? Or us the Palit N78S the cause of this?If I go the HTPC route as opposed to a standalone Blu-ray player, power...
How does the Mediamax (and the Sony for that matter) get around the Blu-ray and DVD copy protection? Or how do they do it legally? I mean when you copy the files on a DVD (and presumably a Blu-ray) to a PC, don't you stumble across the copy protection and you can't play them, or no? Since a blu-ray mega-changer to my liking (cheap, more disks) isn't yet available, I was wondering if a cheaper alternative would be to do this: - I was thinking about getting one of these...
Weird, it works for me, but see if this one works:http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665231960??? I don't follow.I'm looking for a cd/dvd/blu-ray changing device that holds 400+ disks, and will deposit or pickup the disks on to a standalone blu-ray player. (As opposed to a changer that has a built in blu-ray player).