or Connect

Posts by 996911

Starting to do the research for my home theater that should be operational this June when moving into our new place. I am going to use 90% of what I had in the last home theatre except I have to replace my front 3 speakers with in-wall units since I am moving to an AT screen (Stewart). My surrounds (L&R) are Def Tech BPX and the rears are BP1.2X. I'd like to keep those speakers but if I need to buy new ones, I am fine with that as well. The room is 18 wide by 22 deep...
Amazing that it took 4 years since I started this thread to get results from SiriusXM. That is 4 years of service with multiple accounts they lost out on from me. I have been totally set with my Pandora app, ESPN radio app, and streamed music on my iPhone. Can't see SiriusXM lasting much longer.
Just checking in on this thread. I'm coming up on 4 years removed from Sat radio and have been very happy with my Pandora app (stream in my car, home, work, etc) for music and my ESPN app for streaming my sports talk radio. Cost? $0.
Just wanted to update my thread. Talked to my builder and since we are building full custom I was able to convince them to bring on a sub that specializes in home wiring for clients that are after exactly what I am. We have already met and discussed my needs and they put together a quote for not only what we want and need but for a bunch of extra "future use" wiring. I was worried that the "wiring" guy my builder used (1) wouldn't comprehend the level of prewire I was...
Probably been asked before so at the risk of getting attacked by the "do a search" crowd, here goes....... We are building a new home (3 levels and just under 7K sq feet). What is common practice to prewire for current and future needs? WIfe is trying to make sure I don't blow the budget on wasted wiring when those funds could be spent elsewhere but I sure don't want to hear a year after moving in that we wish we had an outlet in a certain place, room, etc.. I have...
The double door is a "sealed" solid core. The HVAC is an independent system. We have a separate system for each floor as well as the theatre room. Just trying to find that balance between cost and smart decisions since we are in the build process. All we have on site right now is the footings and basement walls poured. Framing won't even begin for about 3-4 weeks. If I didn't have to have an insane garage and workshop built down on the basement level (I'm a car nut),...
Thanks GW for the reply! Attached is a pic of the theater and one of the space below. It is Roughly 21x18. The area below the theatre (attached pic) that is covered by the theatre is a small portion of the master bedroom, a small portion of the master bath, and about 2/3 of the formal family room. Looking at the area below you can make out the dark outline of the theatre above it. From all the reading I have done, it seems that the decoupled walls and ceiling with...
Currently building a new home and have not even reached the framing stage so I still have plenty of time to make decisions on the sound control of the theatre room. There would not be a situation where the theatre room would a problem for people on the floor below it. The sound control is needed most for those on the same floor (top floor) where the theatre is located. Our two small boys will have rooms on that level and we currently have decided on the theatre walls...
Ah, makes more sense. I was baffled for a sec as I am not familiar with all the names and companies. Been a while since we have been even remotely close to this process. Just don't understand who "Big" is for the install oversight?
Do you have websites for them?