or Connect

Posts by sourcery

For dust to be the only problem, all the light engines in all the Mits TVs (of the 2006-2007 model year) should be failing. But dust could be the proximate cause of the problem, if the ultimate cause of the problem is a flawed or faulty light engine, which is present in only some subset of the total population of sets.
The Y57 is marginally better than a 57731. However, neither the xx731s nor the Yxxs have PerfectTint--which means that you won't get a significant portion of the benefit of a professional ISF calibration (should you desire one.) Some ISF calibrators won't work on the xx731s or Yxxs for that reason. As for Energy Star compliance, I don't explicitly recall--but I'd be surprised if not.
If so, then anyone who gets their set ISF calibrated would be voiding their warranty. What proof do you have of this assertion?
My 65831 developed the halo (blooming) problem last Spring. The light engine was replaced in mid-June. I wasn't sure at first, but it's now beyond any possibility of denial: It's back. It's not yet as bad as when I became fully aware of it the first time. But unlike then, I've been looking for it, and know exactly what to look for. So, in my case, it wasn't quite three months until the problem developed to the point that there was no question it was back. So those...
My 65831 developed the halo (blooming) problem last Spring. The light engine was replaced in mid-June. I wasn't sure at first, but it's now beyond any possibility of denial: It's back. It's not yet as bad as when I became fully aware of it the first time. But unlike then, I've been looking for it, and know exactly what to look for. So, in my case, it wasn't quite three months until the problem developed to the point that there was no question it was back. So those...
Try setting contrast to 46 or so.
Yes, the TV handles 1080p over HDMI. That's how I watch Blu-ray disks using my Panasonic DMP-BD10 player.
Yes. That's pretty much what you have to do. Even between two 831s or two 833s, the differences between individual sets can be large enough that no other strategy is viable. Although everyone should use the "normal" picture mode and the "low" color temperature, and have sharpness at 0, sharp-edge turned off and tint at 31 (if tint isn't right at 31, you need an ISF calibration, or else you have a defective TV.)
The 1080p light-engine reveals all. You should also see whether your Comcast box has a "pass through" mode where it passes the signal to the TV without doing any conversions itself (upscaling or deinterlacing.) The TV is much better at both upscaling and deinterlacing than any box provided by Comcast would be. You Comcast box could very easily be the cause of your problems. The S3 Tivo will work much better (and it does have a passthrough mode.)
Try these settings: Picture Mode: Natural (not Bright or Brilliant) Color Temperature: Low Brightness: 31 (adjust this as necessary) Contrast: 46 Deep Field Imager: Off Color: 31 Tint: 31 Video Noise: OFF Sharp Edge: OFF Sharpness: 0