or Connect

Posts by coolcoach2u

Russdawg, thank you!
With the Orb Mod 2 System, including the Orb Subwoofer, what should the crossover settings be with a Denon 2807AVR? Also, what should the settings on the Subwoofer be? Room size is 16x23, hardwood floors, 18 foot vaulted ceilings. Thanks for any input.
I hope my Home Theater Installer is correct, he recommended a 130" 16X9 Matte White Screen from Da Lite. My Panny is ceiling mounted at 8 feet 4 inches. The bottom of my 130" screen will be 36 inches from the floor. Seating distance from screen is 12 feet, seating eye level is 48 inches.
Quote: Originally Posted by darrell-edgett In order to have music added to your four bedrooms, you'll need to have some sort of multi-channel amplifier. Do you want each room to be able to play a different music source (ie: tuner, cd, mp3) or is it ok for all rooms to hear the same thing? If you want individual control, you'll need a amplifier or reciever that can handle multizones.... normally they can handle multiple inputs and outputs (6 zones is...
Hello all. :) I am having a Home Theater Installed. I am having the Orb Audio Mod 2 5.1 speaker system installed in the theater room, a Denon Av2807 Receiver, Oppo 971H DVD Player, Sony HDMI Up-converting DVD Player, Comcast High Definition DVR Cable Box, Polk Outdoor Speakers for the Zone 2 of the Receiver. Sharp 45" LCD, Panasonic PT-AE900U Projector, and Da lite 130" 16X9 matte white electric screen. All wiring has been done in the walls and through the attic by the...
Wow! Great thread. I really appreciate all the super responses and helpful people. I have decided to let the Home Theater Installer do his thing. He recommended a 130" 16X9 screen, matte white, manufactured by DaLite. It is an electric Screen. So, I am going to go with what he has stated is the best setup for my house. Hey, that is why I am paying him. :) I had already purchased the projector, the Panasonic PT-AE900U from Costco, so if it turns out the projector is not...
Quote: Originally Posted by davidcrowe The rear seating position is 15 feet back and the front row is 9 feet back. The projector is 5.5 feet off the ground and mounted way back on the rear wall. I had it ceiling mounted to begin with but the rear wall mount keeps it out of head banging range. This setup works perfectly for us. I realize that it breaks a lot of standard rules about seating distance and size but then you have to remember that it is your...
Is the AVR 2807 the same as the new 987 model? The specs look identical. My installer recommended going with the Denon. I expected the 2807, but he brought the 987 saying it is the newest Denon Release. Any comments?
Quote: Originally Posted by irallamecniv I've got a ceiling mounted Panny AE900 about 77" high with a throwing distance of about 15'. I've got a 106" Graywolf, and I sit about 10' back from the screen. I just received a 6"x6" sample of the High Power material. I stuck it on my Graywolf for comparison purposes and right now, all I can say is.... Wow. :D I called Da Lite to see what type of screen I should get for my setup. Panny PT AE900U...
Quote: Originally Posted by davidcrowe I have three screens, 106" wide pearl brite torus, a 120" wide model C matte white and the 139" wide model c high power. The high power is by far the favorite at all viewing angles and distances. You never see any waves in the screen and it just returns a very nice bright image. I would personally think that you will regret not getting the HP for its small price difference. Jason has excellent prices and AVS has top...