or Connect

Posts by dhan

I also use the iogear device to send tv/movie signals through a wall to my HDTV in my adjacent homegym. It works perfectly.
From what I've seen so far black paint and/or black curtains do make a huge difference!: So I agree that this is not dabatable.My friend came over earlier this week with his racks and black curtains so we could built a tent around the screen to see how much better the contrast would be. Well... All I can say is WOW!!So I went ahead and painted my HT ceiling flat flack and that alone made a night and day difference in picture contrast. No shine. I'm now shopping for black...
Thanks for the inputs. How did you guys install black velvet on your ceilings? Where did you buy it? And what was the cost?
I can do pretty much anything I want in my basement, as wife won't argue... Just want to know if black ceiling painting is worth the trouble to improve contrast...
Hi guys, I'm new to front projection and coming from a 65VT25 Panny. I wanted a bigger screen but Sharp 90 was over budget so I decided to go for a front projector... After some reading and auditioning I decided to buy a Sony VPL-HW50ES and a 120 in Grand View screen. I have a 13 feet throw distance. I really like the overall picture sharpness, motion handling , high brightness, skin tones and expecially screen size of my new HT! BUT, I feel contrast is lacking. ...
I guess that if there is no reflection it won't look glossy...
Hi guys I went to the store today (very bright environment) and did a quick eye balled setup with AVATAR as follows: A/V Mode: Dynamic OPC Off Backlight +16 Contrast +40 Brightness -6 Color -12 Tint 0 Sharpness -2 Advanced Value Color Temp. Low Motion Enhancement Off Active Contrast Off Gamma Adjustment -2 Film Mode Advanced +1 DNR Off Monochrome Off Range of OPC NA Try it and tell me what you think! I almost bought the beast today...
I guess we'll read about that in the next few weeks...
Any chances we see a bigger home user Panny this year? Would be nice to see a 85" Panny enter the 80"+ competion... for something like maybe 10k?... But I will not be holding my breath on this one!.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432820/sharp-moth-eye-glare-free-glass