or Connect

Posts by Vasanth B

Wayne's TV, you may not have to give up an attic install despite having a radiant barrier. I have a RB in my attic (Al foil-coated OSB roof decking) but check out my post here. I live a few miles away from you in the Energy Corridor area. This is the perfect time of year (temperature-wise) to check out your attic and see if you have a gable end of the roof where you don't have a radiant barrier. Look at the pic in my post and you'll see what I mean. With the relatively...
Like mddillon, no issues here. I upgraded to 1.60 and the player is able to get an IP via DHCP from my Buffalo router flashed to Tomato 1.28 firmware. It is possible something with the 1.60 firmware changed the way the Panny network services DHCP handshake process works with your existing router and broken that. I've had DHCP problems with various router / network client combos, especially Windows XP clients but not with this particular player and my Tomato router.Have...
I've had this type of reboot problem with the Iron Man 2 BD with the previous firmware (Now upgraded to latest) - it would reboot every time the main movie started playing from the disc menu. Weird thing was this only happened when attached to my Panasonic AE-4000u projector (go figure) but when connected to my Panasonic 58" 800u plasma downstairs, it works fine with the same movie. I will need to swap my BD players upstairs/downstairs and try it out with the new firmware...
Is this just pulling the power plug or something else for the reset? When my player is acting up I'll try a reset.
I also had kick-down to a lower rez issues while my older Samsung BD-P1600 streams perfectly. That plus no time to watch the older movies led me to drop Netflix streaming.
LOL...guess you love the streaming. Part of it is that we just don't watch that much streaming. My in-laws ended up using it more for Hindi movies but the quality on those was highly variable and mostly bad, similar to RoyGBiv's experience. We have a 1 yr old and barely get enough time to keep up with True Blood DVR'd episodes and a few of the other summer series we watch. In fact for now I'm sticking with the 1 disc at-a-time plan with Netflix until we get more time to...
We're probably going to do just that. Can't justify the cost of limited performance/quality of Netflix streaming now that they are splitting the streaming and DVD plans. We'd rather have two Blu-ray's out at a time for the same price as 1 disc + streaming.
Nor is it likely to ever either due to not having the right hardware to do so or just because Panasonic has new players that can play 5.1 on NetflixOn a related note has anyone noticed that this player starts playing movies (buffering) very fast but also tends to drop down to non-HD streams often as well? I have the older Samsung BD-P1600 and it's much slower in the initial buffering but tends to hold HD streams without dropping down to SD. I haven't had a chance to...
So by this it looks like otherwise the network connectivity works fine? Here are some troubleshooting steps:Unplug and plug the BD-65 to hard reboot it.If using an Ethernet cable connection, try switching out the Ethernet cable.Experiment with turning on or off the "Quick Start" function, depending on what you have it set at now.If you're using a Wi-Fi bridge / adapter, try moving the BD-65 and connecting it straight into the Ethernet ports on your router if you can still...
It's a good idea to rule out cable issues. Just don't overpay on the HDMI cable. Most local retail stores have ripoff prices. I recommend www.monoprice.com as they are very reputable, have great prices and are a forum sponsor to boot. But before you order, have you tried these troubleshooting steps first?Did you try another DVD to confirm the issue is not related to that specific disc?Check to make sure the Panny has the latest firmware? Latest version is 1.56.Check the...