or Connect

Posts by michaelkingdom

For midfi, I'm thinking something along the lines of Cambridge, Emotiva, HK, Outlaw, Denon. If you has seperates from any of these brands and subbed in a Bryston, Krell, Rowland etc. Pre or Amp, what would bring the most benefit?
Considering all other components in the chain being of equal mid-fi quality, would there be a greater benefit to upgrading the preamp or the amp?
Hello everyone, I am asking this question with all honesty. I currently use Behringer EP4000 pro amps to run my speakers - of which I have a few: B&W N805, Merlin TSM, Harbeth SHL-5, PSB Imagine B. I like to switch around which speaker I listen to. I am considering upgrading my amp section to Bryston 4B ST or 4B Pro. My questions are: 1. Since my Behringers are rated to be 650w at 8 Ohm, what improvements could I hope to achieve by switching to Bryston? 2. Between the...
Interesting... So, i'm now looking at the Denon 4311, HK 990, Cambridge Audio 651A and the Magnum Dynalab MD 209. Quite a price span there...
Sorry - up to $4k. Happy to spens a fraction, just trying to net all the choices in the field! your thoughts would be appreciated.
Hola, I'm looking for an integrated amplifier that does 2-channel well. I don't need 5+ channels but I would not mind it. I have gotten the impression that 2-channel receivers are preferred over 5 channel for 2-channel music. However, if there is a 5 channel receiver with stellar sound quality, I'm all ears! I'm looking for a piece that has the kitchen sink: phono stage tuner dac (usb and spdif) bass management / variable sub out crossover remote tone control 125w+ per...
I don't know why/how I posted this under "speakers." If there is someone to give me a tip on how to get it moved to Amps, please advise.
Hola, I'm looking for an integrated amplifier that does 2-channel well. I don't need 5+ channels but I would not mind it. I have gotten the impression that 2-channel receivers are preferred over 5 channel for 2-channel music. However, if there is a 5 channel receiver with stellar sound quality, I'm all ears! I'm looking for a piece that has the kitchen sink: phono stage tuner dac (usb and spdif) bass management / variable sub out crossover remote tone control 125w+ per...
If you buy "like new" you can sell "like new" with little to no financial out of pocket. This is one of the great elements of this hobby for me.
I was thinking something along the lines of a 1w transmitter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/76-108MHz-1watt-Home-FM-Radio-Broadcast-Station-FM-transmitter-PC-control-/270988853730?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D2245089292561739398%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D270988853730%26