or Connect

Posts by image1

@ sweet oj - I'm glad your enjoying the E100's. At -50 db about the only thing I listen to is NPR and most of the time I don't even power-up the system for that, I use a small radio to save energy. I watch TV between -30 and -23 db depending on the channel. For Blu-ray never bellow -25 unless the wife is talking a nap right above the theater in the living room. My room is ~ 14' x 25' with 8' ceilings. Again, I'm glad your enjoying your new gear.
I have no data to back this statement up but, it seemed like the powered sub from these packages had a high failure rate. I seem to remember seeing refurbished subs at a lot of online retailers.
@ All - OK, one more post, call me Wellstone ;-)As r3v3nant said, listening at reference level is surprisingly enjoyable when the sound is crisp and clear with no discernible distortion. It really is like being at a live show and like going to live shows, I don't listen at reference every day. The first time I watched "Joe Satriani LIVE!" and turned it up to 0 dB I could hardly believe I owned a system that sounded so good. With my current setup I finally feel like I've...
Whoa....@ all - I *never* said an outboard amplifier would provide "cleaner" power. And, FWIW if your spouse is "ok" with ~74" tall speakers sitting on ~20" diameter bases likely tucking another amp into your rack isn't going to be that much of an issue. YMMV@ aarons915 - you didn't note what speakers your powering with your setup. Your setup and listening levels may not noticeably benefit from separate amplifiers. Each system/usage pattern/room is going to be different.@...
IMHO - there is no way your going to get the most out of your E100's without using dedicated outboard amplifiers. As I mentioned I use an Emotiva XPA-3 to power two E100's and an E70. (XPA-3 = 200 watts per channel, all channels driven with an 850 VA toroidal transformer with 60,000uF storage capacitance). My Onkyo 805 was/is a beast with a better amp section than my Onkyo 818 - I only upgraded to get to get improved processing - Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Audyssey DSX®, DTS...
Though I've never side by side tested the E100 and VS336. I have a pair of E100's and can tell you that no receiver is going to have the power to make them sing. I tried with an Onkyo 805 (monster power and for sale - PM me), then an my current Onkyo 818. I ended up driving the E100's and E70 center with an Emotiva XPA-3 and would go with the XPA-2 for the E100's if I could do it again. Another consideration would be building a Kreisel system. I have a pair of DXD12012's...
I haven't tried them un-stacked. The first thing I did was place the stack in the position my MX-125 was in and give it a listen with no other changes. It was impressive. I then moved the bookshelf on the right side of the TV to the back/left of the room and moved the stack to point straight into the room. This didn't sound as good. This is were I did my first 8 point calibration. It improved the performance but not much better than my MX-125. I then moved the stack into...
################ # These are my Subjective thoughts. My intention is to share my experience with others. There are NO MEASUREMENTS or GRAPHS. Trolls and Haters go somewhere else - don't post here. ################ >>Official Ken Kreisel product page.
OK, I really didn't want to get pulled into this but inaccuracies need to be addressed since some folks seem hung-up on price:Base cost for a Submersive HP per Seaton Sound is "$2,295 + shipping (typ. $135-160 ground shiping cost)" plus "Piano Black - +$600 (limited production - availability varies - TBA)".The total delivered price is between $3025 - $3055 in Piano Black.The MX-5000 Mk3 has a simulated black leather front/top/back with Piano Black sides for $2995...
Yes, it may have been better to hold off till I have them in-house, I'm just excited. As for "vaporware..ish", the UK's exclusive dealer sold-out of their first shipment. I've been reading the AVForum Ken Kreisel Professional Sound Subwoofers thread. There is some good information there from members (one of whom is the UK dealer) who have directly contacted Ken: - there are 3 different response curves to choose from. - the Claridy Class D amplifier is really two...