or Connect

Posts by scheckeNYK

I'm in! Thank you!
I've just moved into a new apartment and I'm not really sure what direction to take my a/v experience in. TV is a new Panasonic 60GT50 plasma which I intend to wall mount (possibly flat, maybe with a swivel mount to angle it more into the main seating area of the room). At present, I have an Onkyo SR-TX605 receiver but it is limited in HDMI inputs, doesn't support ARC, or 3D. The AVR is paired with some crummy old Sony satellites that I got out of my first HTiB many...
can someone please explain the Audio return channel to me? As near as I can tell, if you connect your avr to HDMI 2 you should be able to send web app audio back to the receiver over the same cable that delivers video content to the panel. I have an Onkyo 605 that takes in my TWC HD-DVR as well as a WDTV Live. Signal is delivered just fine to the panel, but when the source audio is from the web apps I'm dropping the signal back to the avr. I believe I can just run an...
Just to follow up, the link only shows a pdf up to 55" models. It's easy to just replace the "5" with a "6" and get a pdf that features all 4 sizes, but can I be 100% sure this is accurate?http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER.../TCP60GT50.PDFsidenote: this seems to be the fitting choices for wall mounts at monoprice for a 60GT50.http://monoprice.com/products/wallmo...nit=1&c_id=109not sure which one I think would work best. I'm mounting on an exactly 55" wall so I will...
I ordered, received, and opened my GT from newegg. Not a single problem to report. They were fast, and reliable.
just curious which location? How about delivery?
Just an update on my experience with newegg/AIT. The panel arrived yesterday AM. Received a call from dispatch the night before and scheduled delivery for the following morning. I foolishly did not get to open the box upon delivery, but thankfully there were no damages upon unboxing last night. Screen is in perfect shape and the box looks immaculate, also wrapped in full plastic to protect from the elements. Ran the prep slides and looks like there are no dead pixels!...
much appreciated both of you!Wow, just gotta say thanks to a bunch of names I see from here that are also at hdj. i am very thankful that you guys pointed me to this resource. I read the frist 12 pages, and then the last 3 just to get a quick snap shot of the latest news. I cannot believe the amount of repeat questions from people who didn't bother to read the thread! so much great info on both these forums, i definitely feel a little more confident and prepared now.
what mode should I have the panel in when running slides and doing my initial viewing?
Also ordered to NY, Brooklyn specifically. Mine shipped from the west coast - looks like it originated at LAX. They called me yesterday afternoon and left a voicemail which I didn't pick up till about 7PM. Called them and reached a live person in dispatch and she arranged for the delivery this morning (about 12 hours ahead). It definitely arrived ahead of schedule. First I thought it was coming on Friday the 18th. Then tracking info updated to reflect 5/21 delivery...